Gaudí outside of Barcelona
Explore the Gaudí sites off the beaten path
Drive to the mountains to walk around a river garden Gaudí built at the same time he was working on the famous Park Güell, then discover the church where he tested his catenarian arches theory before using it in his other masterpieces.
Our tours are private tours for your party only. No strangers joining your tours.
Here is a suggested schedule for an 8 hour daytrip:
- 9.30, Your tourguide and your driver pick you up at your hotel/apartment/cruise pier and drive to the Güell Colony.
- 10am, Visit the Crypt built by Gaudi.
-10.45am, Depart towards the Artigas Gardens in la Pobla de Lillet.
- 12.30am, Arrive to the Artigas Gardens and visit.
- 1.30pm, Head to a local restaurant for lunch.
- 3.30pm, Depart back to Barcelona.
- 5.30pm, Arrive to Barcelona.
Tour is available:
- July, August and September 1st to 15th: Everyday.
- Rest of the year: Weekends only.
Accessibility: The Artigas Gardens have short flights of uneven steps uphill and downhill. Walking shoes recommended.
DID YOU KNOW… That Gaudí tested first in the Cripta Güell his theory of the Catenarian (hyperboloid) arches that he used later on in the Sagrada Família church?
AND DID YOU KNOW… That the Count Güell for whom Gaudí did the Park Güell owned a stone quarry and a concrete factory near the site where he’d design the Artigas Gardens?
Although Gaudí’s masterpieces and most of his minor works are located in the city of Barcelona, he also worked in other Catalan areas within the province of Barcelona. Let us take you on a daytrip to discover them!
Güell Colony. In the industrial colony founded by the Count Güell, Gaudí started building a church that was left unfinished but nowadays you can still visit its Crypt. Discover the secrets hidden in its symbolism and be admired by its innovative engineering solutions, as you learn about the daily live of industrial revolution workers.
Artigas Gardens. Hidden at the foot of the Pyrenees are the Artigas gardens, designed by Gaudí along a mountain river, in a time when he was also working at the Park Güell. He adapted his architecture to the landscape to create an oasis of calm and nature.
Fullday from... 950 €BOOK NOW!
- Entrance fees and lunch not included. Fee for your party of upto 6 people.