A trip back in time to the Middle Ages
Girona is a charming town north of Barcelona that has a lot to offer! It’s specially known for its medieval section and a remarkable Jewish Quarter (the “Call”).
Our tours are private tours for your party only. No strangers joining your tours.
WHAT CAN WE DO IN GIRONA:
- Medieval Baths. Romanesque building that follows the Arab Bath style. Really pretty and quiet, and it doesn’t take long to visit. OPEN: Everyday.
- Walk along the medieval city walls. If you can take a few steps up here and there, I love strolling along the gardens of the walls to get a better idea of the city past (takes around 20-30min). OPEN: Everyday.
- Cathedral. Famous for its gorgeous 1000yo Tapestry of Creation, a beautiful cloister and an impressive Gothic interior (30min approx). OPEN: Everyday, but on Sunday visit of the museum and the cloister only.
- Jewish Section – Call. We’ll wander around its narrow streets discovering the history of splendor and destruction of the local medieval community (15-30min). OPEN: Everyday.
- Museum of History of the Jewish. For those interested in getting a deeper insight of the local Jewish heritage, this visit is strongly recommended (30min to 1h). OPEN: Everyday.
- Medieval Alleys and Squares. A pleasure on its own, just walking around the rest of the Old Town enjoying its history, picturesque corners and lively legends, and maybe have a look at its great shops. OPEN: Everyday (except shops, closing on Sun).
- Gourmet Girona. Let me tempt you with the local foody secrets: from old shops to new venues, and of course we won’t miss the Lleó food market. OPEN: Mon-Sat.
Distance from Barcelona: 1h30min drive.
Accessibility: Cobble-stoned and uphill streets in the Old Town.
DID YOU KNOW… That in May Girona celebrates the “Time of Flowers” festival? A great time to visit it!
IVORY DAYTRIP (6 hours)
Half day in Montserrat, focusing on your favorite activities/sites. Possibility of having a tapas lunch in Girona, or alternatively be back to Barcelona for a late lunch.
GOLD DAYTRIPS (8 hours)
All day in Girona
Explore the town attractions at leasure. Stay in the city for lunch OR head to a countryside restaurant inside an authentic “masia” (Catalan farmhouse) for an unforgettable local experience!
Girona + Dalí Museum
Visit the Dali Museum in Figueres, the hometown of the artist, then head to Girona to explore the city and have lunch. Learn more >>
Girona + Seaside
Visit Girona in the morning, then drive to Tossa de Mar (lower Costa Brava) for a nice lunch by the seaside and a nice stroll around the village. Learn more>>
Girona + Jewish Heritage
Visit Girona first, then head to the medieval town of Besalú to discover its Jewish Heritage and have lunch. Learn more>>
Halfday from...725 €CONTACT US!
- Entrance fees not included. Fee for your party of upto 6 people.
Fullday from...950 €CONTACT US!
- Entrance fees and lunch not included. Fee for your party of upto 6 people.