Daytrip to Montserrat and the Penedes Wine Country
A combination of Mountain and Cellars.
This is a great combination of nature and epicurean pleasures: we’ll visit the Holy Mountain of Montserrat, then drive to the Penedès wine country to visit a cellar and have lunch.
Our tours are private tours for your party only. No strangers joining your tours.
Here is a suggested schedule for an 8 hours daytrip:
- 9am, Your tourguide and your driver pick you up at your hotel/apartment/cruise pier and drive to Montserrat.
- 9.45 , Arrival to the foot of the Mountain and Montserrat and optional cablecar or racktrain ride to the Monastery OR continue on the car/minivan.
- 10am, Visit the Black Madonna shrine before it closes for mass, and explore the Monastery area.
- Noon, Drive to the Penedès Wine Country (1h)
- 1pm, Visit a wine cellar of your choice (monumental, family owned, organic… we’ll provide different options in advance) and have a wine tasting.
- 2.30pm, Lunch in the Wine Country
- 5pm, arrival back to Barcelona
DID YOU KNOW… The Black Madonna of Montserrat is the patron saint of Catalonia and we celebrate her day on a April 26th?
AND DID YOU KNOW… That over 90% of the Spanish sparkling wine is produced in the Penedès area?
Fullday from... 875 €BOOK NOW!
- Entrance fees and lunch not included. Fee for your party of upto 6 people.
This itinerary does not include the Montserrat boys choir.
Accessibility: The monastery area is fully accessible, and in places where there are steps alternatives will be offered for wheelchairs.
Steps involved in the wine cellars that we might not be able to avoid.