Montserrat (Mountain & Monastery)
A trip to the spiritual heart of Catalonia and a Natural Park.
In our trip we’ll see impressive views of the Holy Mountain and enter the Basilica, then have some time for other activities that will be decided according to your preferences and the time available.
Our tours are private tours for your party only. No strangers joining your tours.
THREE WAYS TO ACCESS THE MONASTERY:
It is a winding road – but my drivers know it by heart! So no fear…
- Cable car. If you’re not scared of heights!
- Rack-train. The best choice to avoid scary heights and motion sickness.
WHAT CAN WE DO IN MONTSERRAT:
- Visiting the Black Madonna shrine. Note: to avoid lines, starting the tour at 9.30 is strongly recommended, and we will do that as soon as we arrive.
- Art Museum (around 1h). If you like art, you will be impressed by the beautiful collection the monks have gathered throughout the centuries years!
- Slide Show & Exhibit on the Monastery (20min). A nice way to discover more about the life in the monastery and with Montserrat means for the Catalan people.
- Hikes and strolls. A variety of itineraries are available, going from 20min to 6h walk. Enjoy the breathtaking views (and make sure you wear good walking shoes).
- Mass (1h). At noon from Mon – Sat, and at 1pm on Sun.
- Shopping: farmers market, bakery and giftshop.
- Escolania children choir. Mon – Fri at 1pm, Sun at noon. It is strongly recommended to arrive 30min earlier to get a first-row standing place, or 1h earlier to be able to seat. No singing on Saturdays nor July!
Distance from Barcelona: 45min to 1h drive.
Accessibility: The monastery area is fully accessible, and in places where there are steps alternatives will be offered for wheelchairs. The mountain area is not recommended for people with walking issues.
DID YOU KNOW…The Black Madonna of Montserrat is the patron saint of Catalonia and we celebrate her day on a April 26th?Photo credit: Jordi Payà
BRONZE DAYTRIP (5 hours)
Half day in Montserrat, focusing on your favorite activities. This is the option that is booked more often, and you are back to Barcelona for a late lunch.
Bronze (5 hours) 585 €CONTACT US!
- Entrance fees not included.
SILVER DAYTRIPS (8 hours)
All day in Montserrat
Extra time to climb the St. Jeroni peak (remember to bring picnic with you) OR enjoy a countryside lunch in a typical masia (Catalan farmhouse).
Montserrat + Gaudi
Visit the Crypt of the Colony Güell, a great work by Antoni Gaudi, then continue to Montserrat for the rest of the day. Read more >>
Montserrat + Wine Country
Visit the monastery until noon, and then drive one hour to the Penedès wine country to visit a cellar and have lunch. Read more>>
Montserrat + Seaside
Visit the monastery until noon, and then drive one hour to the charming the seaside village of Sitges for a relaxing lunch by the beach. Read more>>