Daytrip to Tarragona and the Penedès cellars
Learn the history, indulge in the wine…
Culture and pleasure in one day: drive to Tarragona to explore its ancient Roman ruins, then head to the Penedès wine country to visit a cellar and have lunch.
Our tours are private tours for your party only. No strangers joining your tours.
Get to skip the lines in all museums and sites. Don’t even buy tickets in advance.
Here is a suggested schedule for an 8 hour daytrip:
- 9am, Your tourguide and your driver pick you up at your hotel/apartment/cruise pier and drive to Tarragona.
- 10am , Arrival to Tarragona and visit.
- 12.15, Depart for the Penedès wine region.
- 1pm, Arrival to the cellar. Visit and wine tasting.
- 2.15pm. Head to the restaurant.
- 2.30pm, Enjoy lunch in the wine country.
- 5pm, arrival back to Barcelona
Accessibility: Occasional steps and uphill slopes in Tarragona. Steps involved at the cellars.
DID YOU KNOW… The Roman Ruins of Tarragona have been declared Human Heritage by the UNESCO?
AND DID YOU KNOW… Over 90% of the production of Spanish sparkling is made in the Penedès area?