WORK WITH US!
Do you want to be a Foreverbarcelona tourguide?
Our business is expanding, and we are always in need of extending our team of collaborators.
If you match the following requirements, please contact us!
This is not a full-time or part-time job: it is a collaboration. We’ll call you whenever we need your services and you are available. You’ll need to have other job sources apart from us.
We will not consider/answer any applicant who doesn’t fulfill our requirements.
Please do not contact us if you aren’t ready yet to become a member of our high level team. We recommend you get more training and experience, and get back to us when your credentials totally match the level of expertise we deliver to our clients.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF:
GUIDING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND STYLE
- You speak fluent English, Spanish and Catalan.
- You have at least 3 years experience giving tours in Barcelona and its surroundings.
- You are passionate about giving private tours (you think large group tours are not exciting enough)
- You are proud of the Catalan and Barcelona heritage, and feel honored to be an Ambassador of our land for our visitors.
- For you, being a tourguide is a long-term profession, not a side job or a summer job. You understand the importance of delivering your tours with a high level of professionalism.
- You are constantly learning new things about Barcelona, its history and sites, and anything else that can help you enlightening your tours.
- You get easily oriented in Barcelona and are familiar with the alleys of the Old Town, and the streets and subway lines linking the various city sites.
- The following sites don’t have secrets for you:
- Modernist sites: Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, Casa Milà, Casa Batlló, block of Disagreement, Casa de les Punxes.
- Gothic Quarter: Cathedral, Roman temple, Pl. del Rei, Pl. St. Jaume, Pl. St. Felip Neri, Sta. Maria del Pi.
- Jewish section and medieval synagogue.
- Rambla: Boqueria market, Pl. Reial.
- Born district: Sta. Maria del Mar, Fossar de les Moreres.
- Museums: Picasso and Miró.
- Montjuïc: 1929 world fair, 1992 olympics, various vantage points.
- Waterfront: Columbus, Port Vell, Barceloneta, Vila Olímpica.
- You can easily improvise a 4h gourmet tour in the Old Town.
- Montserrat: Roads taking to the Monastery, Monastery of Montserrat, some easy hikes in the area.
- Girona: History of Girona, Lleona, St. Feliu, Cathedral, Jewish Section, Museum of History of the Jewish, Arab Baths, medieval walls.
- Dali: Dalí’s biography, Dali Museum in Figueres.
LEGAL, TECHNICAL & AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- You are in possession of the Official Tourguide License issued by the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- You can issue invoices in Spain, and are up-to-date with your Spanish Social Security and tax payments.
- You own a smartphone with internet connection.
- Your agenda is either Googlecalendar or a smartphone app that you can sync with a Googlecalendar.
- Between May and October you usually have 3 days/week or more available when asked one week in advance.
- You consider yourself a person that is dynamic, fun, knowledgeable, resourceful, reliable and patient.
- You love being with people: you are great with kids, you are understanding and caring with seniors and people with walking issues, you easily adjust to the level of your clients and feel equally comfortable with an Art doctor, a businessman or a housewife (and make them feel comfortable and satisfied, too!).
- You are a problem-solver: when a problem arises you are quick to offer solutions and help your clients feeling well as soon as possible.
- Your goal is to make people happy, and you often over-deliver to achieve it.
- You are a positive person. Your sole presence generates good vibes around you.
- Sharing and collaborating (with your clients, partners, colleagues…) comes naturally for you.
- You are in good shape and can spend a whole day (upto 8h) walking around without getting tired and keeping a smile on your face.
- Commissions from restaurants/shops and tips are not a special motivation for you.
- You are honest and ethical.
- You are punctual and organized, and for you it’s easy to time an itinerary to a schedule.
- You are a natural leader with a special charm for small groups.
- You love getting feedback from about your job, and enjoy reading reviews from your customers.
OTHER POINTS THAT WE’LL VALUE:
- Fluent French and/or Italian (sorry, we don’t work with other languages).
- Expertise in other Barcelona and Catalonia sites and themes.
THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU IF
- You don’t speak Catalan fluently, or you haven’t been living in Barcelona / Catalonia for more than 5 years.
- You aren’t a certified official tourguide of Catalonia (check the Generalitat site to learn more)
- You are not entitled to issue invoices in Spain.
- You are not familiar enough with the required tourist sites.
- You are looking for a side job or a way to get some extra cash.
- You lack of experience guiding in the Catalonia area.
- You don’t like taking initiatives and prefer others to tell you what you need to do.
- You need to give free time to your clients so you can have a break during the tour.
- You systematically take your clients to gift shops where you’ll be given a commission.
- You only recommend restaurants that give you a commission.
- Your main goal during a tour is to get a good tip.
- You consider other tourguides your rivals and your competition.
- You often complain and criticize other people’s work.
- You have walking issues.
- You get easily lost in the streets of Barcelona or can’t navigate the city subway.
- Getting public reviews about job makes you feel nervous and don’t like receiving feedback nor recommendations on how to improve.