Barcelona Highlights Tour by Car
PRIVATE BARCELONA CAR TOUR
The perfect overview: As much as you can cover in one morning
Do you have a short time to visit all Barcelona? Do you wish to cover as much as possible in a relatively short time? A walking tour is not an option for you or someone in your party? Does a private car sound like the perfect way to go?
Getting a good overview of Barcelona in a morning is mission impossible if you are on your own: there’s no way you’ll be able to to see much of the Barcelona highlights, and how stressful it would be! And that’s without speaking about all the planning, timing, admission purchases…
We designed this 4-hour private car tour that combines the comfort and efficiency of a private driver with the knowledge and personal touch of a private guide, to show you the top Barcelona tourist highlights: the historical area of the Gothic Quarter, the Hill of Montjuic with its impressive city views and location to 2 important periods in our history (1929 World Fair and 1992 Olympics), and the major Gaudi sites, skipping the line at the Sagrada Familia Church with your Barcelona private guide.
If this is your only chance to explore the city, this is one of the best tours of Barcelona you can take: you’ll leave with a great overview of what the city has to offer. And if you are staying, you’ll have a wonderful base to decide how to spend the rest of your time in the city and what you want to explore next.
THIS PRIVATE BARCELONA HIGHLIGHTS TOUR COVERS:
- MONTJUIC HILL (Photo stops)
- GOTHIC QUARTER (Stroll)
- CATHEDRAL (Optional)
- JEWISH SECTION (Optional)
- CASA BATLLO (Outside)
- CASA MILA (Outside)
- SAGRADA FAMILIA (Inside)
- WATERFRONT (Drive along)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
✓ Skip lines everywhere. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
✓ Cover the best of Barcelona in a time-efficient way.
✓ Feel like a VIP driving around on our Mercedes vehicles with dedicated uniformed driver.
✓ Avoid splitting in two taxis if you are 4 to 6 people.
✓ Hear stories that will make the city come alive.
✓ Understand how the city layout is intimately related to its history.
✓ Learn why the center of Barcelona looks like Paris.
✓ Learn to see the influence of nature in the Gaudi sites, where others will only see crazy shapes.
✓ Discover when will the Sagrada Familia be finished and why.
✓ And much more, in a private tour just for you and your party!
- THIS TOUR RUNS: Every day (unless a site is exceptionally closed).
SOME SITES CLOSED:
– Sunday: No visits allowed in the Cathedral of St. Eulàlia.
- TOUR LENGHT: 4 hours.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME:
– MORNING TOURS: Anytime between 9AM and 11AM
– AFTERNOON TOURS: Anytime between 1PM and 4PM
- WHERE DO WE MEET? Your accommodation within the city limits, Sants Traint Station or Cruise Pier.
- WHERE DO WE END? Your chosen point, within the city limits.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? No, but you are welcome to book one extra hour to stop for tapas.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? By Mercedes car or minivan for upto 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver.
- IS THERE A DRESS CODE? To enter the Cathedral of Saint Eulalia you need to cover your shoulders and your skirt or pants must be long to your knee. The dress code at the Sagrada Familia Church isn’t usually too strict, but they have occasionally banned access to people wearing short shorts (closer to their butts than to their knees), deep plunging necklines or open backs.
- IS THIS A SKIP-THE-LINE TOUR? Yes! Our guides are licensed and entitled to skip lines and give explanations inside all sites.
- CAN WE CLIMB THE STAIRS AT SAGRADA FAMILIA? Only upon request. Click here to learn more about how it works, what’s allowed and what’s not4
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? In the non-guided option you are on your own. Your English-speaking driver might provide light conversation during the rides, but no detailed explanations of the area. The driver stays in the car at the sites, where you’ll walk on your own. You’ll ultimately be responsible for getting back to the car at the agreed time, or you’ll risk being charged extra hours if you are late.
REVIEWS FROM TRAVELERS LIKE YOU:
“Exactly what we were looking for. We really enjoyed the combination of walking and driving in a brand new upscale Mercedes van.”
“Our visit to Barcelona would not have been as perfect if we had not started the first day with a chauffeured tour of the city with our guide Marga from ForeverBarcelona.”
TAILOR THIS TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This private Barcelona highlights tour by car is perfect for those wanting to get a good overview of all Barcelona and cover as much as possible in a short time, or for those who don’t want to walk much.
HINT: Add one or two extra hours to see more Barcelona highlights or include a great tapas lunch.
If you are traveling with children, this tour is kid friendly because they get to enough variety of things to not get bored, and it isn’t too energy demanding. Plus if you are 4 to 6 people, you won’t have to split in two taxis as you’ll all fit in the same minivan.
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, our all Barcelona highlights tour works great because it minimizes the walk and helps you cover much more than you’d do on your own and much faster. It is convenient and comfortable. Note, however, that in this tour you do get in and out of the car for stops that go from a 5 minute photo stop to a 1 hour stroll or site visit (that can be adapted to your physical needs).
If you are on a cruise, this is our best-selling shore excursion. We recommend to book it at least 30 minutes after your expected docking time and no earlier than 9AM, as long as you can be back at least 1 hour before your expected departure time (as you’ll be required to be back on board by then).
If you are arriving on a plane and want to get a tour as soon as you land, check out this tour starting at the airport instead.
If you’d rather tour longer, consider adding one or two extra hours to this tour or check out our full day chauffeured tour (8 hours).
If you are traveling in the Summertime when the weather is so hot, you’ll be so glad you booked a chauffeured tour on our air-conditioned Mercedes car or van.
This is a 100% private tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
THIS TOUR IS4-HR TOUR
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
NON GUIDED4-HR TOUR
On your own at the sites
Car or van with driver
Lunch stop and more
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
ADDITIONAL PER PERSON FEES CHARGED UPON BOOKING
(additional, per person)
- Sagrada Familia: €32/person
OPTIONAL AND PAID ON SITE skipping lines:
- Cathedral (€3/person)
- Medieval synagogue (€3,5/person)
LUNCH (not included, only for 6-hr tours)
Expect to pay €20-30/person, depending on your order. Learn more about lunch on tour.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.