Barcelona and Montserrat Tour
MONTSERRAT & BARCELONA IN ONE DAY
You want everything? We’ll give you everything!
Do you want to see Barcelona and Montserrat but you don’t have much time?
You’ve heard great things of Montserrat, Spain, but are only one day in Barcelona and you don’t want to miss it out. Who knows when you’ll have the opportunity to be back and visit it? But Montserrat on your own will take you the whole day, and then you’ll miss Barcelona… Don’t worry: we are here to help you out!
If you only have one day for touring and are ready to condense everything in one long single day, this Barcelona & Montserrat tour is the perfect option for you. We’ll take you to the mountain and Monastery of Montserrat in the morning, riding on a gorgeous Mercedes vehicle with dedicated driver, then after hearing the Escolania choir and walking around we’ll take you back to Barcelona for a lovely tapas lunch and to explore your favorite sites. Are you ready for an intense but rewarding day?
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PRIVATE MONTSERRAT AND BARCELONA TOUR:
MONTSERRAT MOUNTAIN & MONASTERY + ESCOLANIA CHOIR + TAPAS LUNCH + CUSTOM BARCELONA TOUR
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BARCELONA AND MONTSERRAT TOUR
✓ Cover in one day what most people take two days to see.
✓ Enjoy spectacular scenery in Montserrat.
✓ Discover why the Virgin of Montserrat is a “black Madonna” (or maybe she isn’t…).
✓ Relish on a gorgeous tapas lunch back to Barcelona.
✓ Customize your afternoon to include your favorite sites.
✓ Skip lines in your favorite Barcelona sites. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
✓ And much more, the best private day trip just for you and your party!
- THIS DAY TRIP RUNS: Every day.
ESCOLANIA CHOIR: Not singing on Saturdays and during their school holidays.
SOME SITES CLOSED:
Monday: Boqueria Market only partially open. Most art museums (Picasso, Miró…) closed.
Sunday: Cathedral of Saint Eulàlia closed to visitors. Boqueria Market closed. First Sunday of the month: no tours allowed inside the Picasso Museum.
- DAY TRIP LENGHT: 9 hours.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME: 9.30AM. This tour starting time is not flexible.
- WHERE DO WE MEET? Your accommodation within the Barcelona city limits, Sants Traint Station or Cruise Pier.
- WHERE DO WE END? Back to your accommodation, if you booked a the driver for the entire day. The last visited site of your custom itinerary, if you only booked the driver for the morning in Montserrat.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? Yes, once back to Barcelona (unfortunately the lunch options in Montserrat are quite disappointing).
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? We’ll take you to Montserrat in a luxurious Mercedes car or minivan for up to 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver. You can choose to extend the driver service for your afternoon in Barcelona, or to explore the city walking and using taxis.
- IS THERE A DRESS CODE? So far there’s no dress code required for the Montserrat Monastery, however we recommend dressing modestly to enter the Basilica. In the winter, Montserrat tends to be colder than Barcelona. Wear comfortable walking shoes if you are planning to hike. As for Barcelona, to enter the Cathedral of Saint Eulalia you need to cover your shoulders and your skirt or pants must be long to your knee. The dress code at the Sagrada Familia Church isn’t usually too strict, but they have occasionally banned access to people wearing short shorts (closer to their butts than to their knees), deep plunging necklines or open backs.
- IS THIS A SKIP-THE-LINE TOUR? No tour guides are allowed to skip lines anywhere in Montserrat (except for the Art Museum, where we do skip lines if you want to visit it). As for Barcelona, YES! Our guides are licensed and entitled to skip lines and give explanations inside all sites.
- CAN WE CLIMB THE STAIRS AT SAGRADA FAMILIA? Only upon request. Click here to learn more about how it works, what’s allowed and what’s not.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? In the non-guided option you are on your own. Your English-speaking driver might provide light conversation during the rides, but no detailed explanations of the area. The driver stays in the car at the sites, where you’ll walk on your own. You’ll ultimately be responsible for getting back to the car at the agreed time, or you’ll risk being charged extra hours if you are late.
REVIEWS FROM TRAVELERS LIKE YOU:
” Miriam us up into the mountains to visit the monastery and shrine at Montserrat. We came back to the city for a great tapas lunch and then began the explorations of Gaudi. We really felt like we experienced the best Barcelona and left very satisfied with our explorations.”
“We only had 1 day to explore Barcelona. We loved the entire day. Javier and a driver picked us up at the cruise port and first we sent to Montserrat. Views and monastery were spectacular. We got to hear the boys choir. Then we dropped out luggage, had a great lunch and proceeded to see so many sights. HIGHLY recommended.”
VIST MONTSERRAT & BARCELONA IN ONE DAY… YOUR OWN WAY!
This trip to Montserrat followed by a Barcelona tour is the perfect solution for adults full of energy, with only one day in town but wanting to visit the Montserrat Monastery but also get a good overview of the Barcelona sites.
If you have 2 days or even 1.5, we strongly recommend to split your sightseeing in two (one day for Barcelona and one for Montserrat), as this 9-hour day trip is quite energy demanding. The cost will be pretty much the same but you’ll enjoy it twice as much (and you might even get to see more in less time). If you are likely to be tired after a long overnight flight, consider this tour with airport pick-up for your first day.
If you are traveling with children, this private day trip is too long for them. Consider taking a half day Barcelona tour, and use the afternoon for some a family activity. TIP: taking them to the Castle of the Hill of Montjuic on the Montjuic cablecar can be a nice alternative to Montserrat for kids.
If you are traveling with teens, this day trip is likely to be too long for them too. Check with them before booking and make sure they are totally enthusiastic about the plan. Otherwise, please split the tour in two days, one for Montserrat and one in the city, or choose a shorter Barcelona tour.
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, consider if you’ll have enough stamina for a 9-hour day. In Montserrat we’ll be walking, but there are opportunities to seat and it is also wheelchair friendly. As for Barcelona, keeping the driver is absolutely recommendable and some sites involve steps: check with us before booking, so we can recommend the best itinerary for you according to your capacities and set the right expectations.
This is a 100% private Barcelona and Montserrat tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
On your own at the sites
Car or van with driver
Licensed Tour Guide
AM with driver + PM walking/taxis
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
IN MONTSERRAT (OPTIONAL): – Cable car: €7,75/person (ONE WAY)
– St. Joan Funicular: €9.10/person (ONE WAY)
– Escolania Choir: €9.50/person
– Black Madonna Alcove: €9.50/person
– Art Museum: €9.50/person
IN BARCELONA (DEPENDING ON YOUR CHOICE):
Charged upon booking:
Sagrada Familia Church: €32/person
Park Güell: €10/person
– Cable car: €7,75/person (ONE WAY) – St. Joan Funicular: €9.10/person (ONE WAY) – Escolania Choir: €9.50/person – Black Madonna Alcove: €9.50/person – Art Museum: €9.50/person
Paid in site skipping lines:
Casa Milà/Pedrera: €39/person
Casa Batlló: €36/person
Medieval Synagogue: €3,5/person
Or other sites requested by you.
LUNCH (not included): Expect to pay €20-30/person, depending on your order. Learn more about lunch on tour.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.