Private Day Trips From Barcelona To Andorra
THE BEST TOUR TO ANDORRA FROM BARCELONA
Private and totally customized to your interests
Have you heard of this little micro-nation at the top of the Pyrenees mountains, between Spain and France? Are you curious about visiting it? Did you know it can be done in just one day tour from Barcelona to Andorra?
It is definitely a long day – 12 hours. But if you are up for a long ride, it can be worth it. It just needs good planning. Because of course you can take a bus to Andorra, but once you get off you won’t have means of transportation to explore the country and you’ll get stuck in the capital city – Andorra la Vella. Which of course offers some appeal, but… there’s more to Andorra than just its capital!
Other companies do Andorra day trips combined with some other Spanish and French villages. And of course we can do that, too! But we want you to be aware that you’ll spend even more time in the car than at the sites. And the stops won’t be that long… So we only recommend this itinerary to people who are thrilled to tick off 3 countries in one day from their bucket list.
Other than that, we can show you the nature and mountains of Andorra, its Romanesque churches, its old villages and historical sites. Or we can take you shopping, or to the spa, or to the ski resort. You can choose to have only a driver, or to add a tour guide to satisfy all your questions and curiosity.
If you choose to have a tour guide, she’ll be with you during the entire tour, not just a few hours while in Andorra: The brother of Marta, the founder of ForeverBarcelona, has been living in Barcelona for many years and is married to a real Andorran. Marta has been pretty much everywhere in Andorra and will love to show you around and give you insights that only locals know.
THINGS WE CAN DO DURING YOUR DAY TRIP FROM BARCELONA TO ANDORRA:
- See medieval Romanesque churches such as Sant Serní de Nagol, Santa Coloma or Sant Miquel d’Engolasters. Or worship Our Lady of Meritxell, patron saint of Andorra in her Sanctuary.
- See the views over the valley from the breathtaking vantage point of Roc del Quer.
- Visit historical sites such as the bridge of Margineda or the Casa de la Vall government building.
- Enjoy the Pyrenees mountains and its nature in Vall d’Incles or the Engolasters lake.
- Enjoy one of the most impressive spas in Europe in Caldea.
- Shop almost VAT free in Andorra La Vella and Escaldes.
- In the winter, go skiing.
- And for the kids: easy hikes across gnome woods, cable cars,
- Discover the Andorran mountain cuisine.
- Explore the local museums.
- And more! We’ll work with you personally to design the perfect day tour for you!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE OUR BARCELONA DAY TRIP TO ANDORRA
✓ Ride from Barcelona to Andorra effortlessly and in style in a gorgeous Mercedes vehicle with dedicated driver.
✓ Go out of town for a day and forget about the city rhythm.
✓ Feel like in Switzerland, just a couple of hours away from Barcelona.
✓ Breath the clean crisp air of the Pyrenees between 3,250 and 6,500 feet (1000 to 2000m) above sea level.
✓ Take in impressive views.
✓ Learn about his micro-nation many people have never heard about.
✓ A custom itinerary designed just for you – not a cookie cutter day tour.
✓ And much more, in a private Barcelona to Andorra day trip just for you and your party!
ANDORRA DAY TRIP FROM BARCELONA FAQ
- THIS ANDORRA TOUR RUNS: Every day.
- TOUR LENGHT: 12 hours.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME: 8AM.
- WHERE DO WE MEET? WHERE DO WE END? Anywhere you want, within the Barcelona city limits.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? Yes.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? Rides in Mercedes car or minivan for upto 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver (or 7 of you, if you book the non-guided option. Walking at the stops.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? In our non-guided tours you are on your own. Your English-speaking driver might provide light conversation during the rides to Andorra from Barcelona and back, but you won’t get detailed explanations of the area. And once in Andorra, you’ll be on your own at the stop. You’ll ultimately be responsible for getting back to the car at the agreed time, or you might incur in extra hours if you are late.
- WHEN IS A NONG-GUIDED OPTION RECOMMENDABLE? When you only need a ski transfer, or you mostly want to go shopping, or spend the day at the Caldea spa. Or if your budget is limited and are happy to sacrifice explanations in order to afford your day trip. Or if your priority is taking pictures over learning and asking questions!
- CAN YOU BOOK THE CALDEA SPA FOR US? WHAT ABOUT SKI PASSES? Sure! We are happy to book tickets for Caldea or ski resort day forfaits as long as you tell us enough in advance. You’ll be requested to send us the cost of these extras upon booking. Such tickets are not refundable.
- HOW LONG IS THE RIDE TO ANDORRA FROM BARCELONA? The border of Andorra in Sant Julià de Loira is around 2.5 hours. It’s one hour from there to the French border in Pas de la Casa. The Capital, Andorra la Vella is a mere 20 minutes from the Spanish border.
- WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT ANDORRA? The snow arrives to Andorra sometime in December and usually lasts until April. So if you are dreaming of snowy landscapes, or touching the snow, or even skiing, that’s the right months to plan your trip. July and August are the hottest months, but not as hot as it is in Barcelona – it’s a great plan to scape from the city heat!
- DO I NEED A PASSPORT? Schengen citizens only need a valid ID card to enter Andorra. Citizens of non-EU countries need a valid passport. Plus if you were required a visa to enter Spain, then you’ll also have to bring it to enter Andorra. More information here.
CAN IT BE A 3-COUNTRIES-IN-ONE-DAY TRIP (SPAIN – FRANCE – ANDORRA)?
Yes, we are aware that other companies organize itineraries including stops such as Bagà (Spain), Ax-Les-Thermes (France) and some stops in Andorra. We are happy to discuss with you the pros and cons of the possible stops in order to design the perfect day for you. It’ll also be a 12-hour tour, same cost as a regular Andorra day trip from Barcelona.
Please note that the drive to Ax-Les-Thermes is almost 3 hours, and from there it’s another 40 minutes to the Andorran border of Pas de la Casa. What means this tour involves more time inside the car than a regular tour from Barcelona to Andorra.
DAY TRIPS TO ANDORRA FROM BARCELONA ALL YEAR AROUND:
“Anar de la Seca a la Meca i la Vall d’Andorra”
(Go from the Seca to the Meca and the Andorra Valley)
TAILOR THIS DAY TRIP TO ANDORRA FROM BARCELONA TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Our tours from Barcelona to Andorra are for all those craving to visit this tiny country between Spain and France and enjoy its leisure offer, be it nature, shopping, history or spas.
If you are traveling with kids, consider if a 12-hour day tour will be too long for them. But if they are used to spend hours in a car, Andorra has a lot to offer them: cable cars, hikes around woods where gnomes live, a child-friendly spa, mountain parks and more!
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, we’ll work with you to design an itinerary that is doable.
If you are 7 people or more people, you might need a bus rather than a minivan. In such case, we will only be able to take you to ONE location in Andorra, since the driver must legally take a several hours rest before being able to drive again. And that’ll be to take you back to Barcelona. Parties of 7 people can still fit in a a minivan as long as they book the non-guided option.
If you only need a transfer from the Barcelona airport to Andorra, we can also help you out! Contact us for more information.
These are 100% private day trips from Barcelona to Andorra, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
ANDORRA TRANSFER3-HR SERVICE
One way trip
Driver only - No tour guide
Car or van with driver
NON-GUIDED TOUR12-HR TOUR
On your own at the sites
Car or van with driver
GUIDED TOUR12-HR TOUR
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Notifying us at least one week in advance. Click to learn more >>
ENTRANCE FEES: Entrance fees to museums, churches, spas, ski resorts or other attractions not included. We’ll disclose them when we agree on your final itinerary. Some can be paid on-site, while for other we might need you to send us their cost in advance so we can book them ahead of time.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.
More questions? Inclusions — Exclusions — FAQ — Contact — Cancellation Policy