Sweets and Candy Tour of Barcelona
A PRIVATE BARCELONA SWEET TOUR
The sweetest treat of your trip!
Do you have a sweet tooth? When you travel, do you always try to figure out where to find the best cakes, gelato or chocolate? Is desert your favorite part of a meal?
I am like this, and that’s why I decided to create a Sweet Barcelona tour: for the fun of sharing with my guests my favorite desert spots. I know how much time it takes to google posts about top cakes or gelato in a city, then add them to a custom googlemaps and figure out if any of those places that sound delicious are maybe close to my hotel or one of the sites I plan to visit. Lots of trouble, that I want to spare you in your Barcelona trip.
If you have a half day to spare, come with me and I’ll show you the top sweet spots in Barcelona selling modern and traditional Spanish candy and desserts. It’ll be loads of fun! Oh, and come with an empty stomach: you’ll want to try them!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS BARCELONA CANDY TOUR:
BOQUERIA MARKET + RAMBLA & GOTHIC QUARTER + BORN DISTRICT
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BARCELONA CANDY TOUR
✓ Stay away from the tourist traps.
✓ Find the best sweats in La Boqueria market.
✓ Discover what locals order instead of plain hot chocolate with their churros.
✓ Visit award-winning gelato and cake stores.
✓ Try the best chocolate cake in the world 2005.
✓ Leave with a custom list of recommendations for other shops and best Barcelona restaurants to visit during your stay.
✓ And much more, in a private chocolate tour just for you and your party!
- THIS BARCELONA CANDY TOUR RUNS: Monday through Saturday, in the morning.
Monday: the Boqueria Market is only partially open.
August: many stores are closed for holidays. The tour can still be run, but the food options won’t be as exciting…
NOT AVAILABLE: Sunday and local bank holidays. Afternoons.
- TOUR LENGHT: .
– Express Tour: 1.5 hours (3 stops).
– Standard tour: 3 hours.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME: Anytime between 9AM and 11AM.
- WHERE DO WE MEET? Your accommodation in Barcelona.
- WHERE DO WE END? Born district or near Passeig de Gracia, depending on where we started.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? This tour is 100% a walking tour.
- ARE ANY TASTINGS INCLUDED? No: This is not a cookie cutter tour. We want to provide the most unique tour for you – not a template that anyone can copy. Some people want to taste everything, while some other are more selective. Some like strawberry and some like vanilla. This tour should be a treat for you, so it doesn’t make sense to pre-select the treats before meeting you. It’s way more fun if you can chose every time what you taste. It’s also OK to not eat anything at all and later on go back to your favorite stops to buy or eat at your own pace (or not).
- IS THIS TOUR ONLY ABOUT CANDY? No: this tour covers all kind of sweets and treats. From hard candy to gelato, from bakeries and cakes to chocolates… and more!
- WILL YOU PUSH US TO MAKE PURCHASES AT THE STORES? Never. The stores we chose don’t give commissions to tour guides. We choose them because they are great local shops. The shop owners and assistants are usually very proud of their business and are happy to welcome people into their shops even if you aren’t going to buy anything. You choose where you want to spend your money (or not to).
- SHOULD I SKIP BREAKFAST? It’s up to you: some guests skip breakfast so they can have some chocolate and churros during the tour (make sure to let your tour guide know if that’s your choice!). If you choose to have breakfast at the hotel, we recommend to have a light breakfast (specially if you think you’ll want to eat and buy food during the tour).
- WILL I NEED LUNCH AFTER THE TOUR? Probably yes, but something light. This tour does not involve a lunch stop. If you’ll need to stop for lunch during the tour, please book one extra hour.
- HOW DOES THE EXPRESS TOUR WORK? This is a shortened version of our standard itinerary. You’ll be taken to an old fashioned hot chocolate and churros café in Barcelona, an awesome gelato parlor, and award-winning designer cake store.
CAN THIS SWEET TOUR CATER SPECIAL DIETS?
- Vegetarian (ovo-lacto) are welcome. It’s not difficult to find vegetarian-friendly treats in Barcelona, but it’s best you let us know in advance.
- Vegan are harder to cater. We definitely need to know in advance to plan accordingly.
- Gluten-free can be accommodated if you can handle crossed-contamination and traces.
- Celiac is VERY hard to accommodate as in most businesses they aren’t trained to keep your food safe. We can probably organize an express candy tour for you, though. Please let us know before booking.
- Other food allergies and diets, please check with us before booking so we can assess your options and risks.
REVIEWS FROM TRAVELERS LIKE YOU:
“Miriam was an absolute pleasure to work with. She let our Sweets and Cake tour in Barcelona and was amazing at the Escriba pastry shop.”
“Marta was amazing and very patient with our younger boys. She was very knowledgeable and taught us about the Catalonia culture and their sweet desserts!”
TAILOR THIS SWEET TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This tour is perfect for people that love deserts, sweets and chocolate and want to treat themselves for 4 hours.
If you are traveling with kids, this tour is totally kid-friendly! But if you are afraid it’ll be too much sugar for them, you might want to check our food tour, instead (it includes some sweets but also other non-sugary treats).
If you are on a wheelchair, the area covered is wheelchair accessible. Some stores might have a step at the entrance, but with good will everything should work out.
If you have walking issues, please take into account that this tour is 100% walk as it takes place mostly in pedestrian areas. The walk between stores is 2 to 10 minutes, but it’s not always possible to seat. You might want to add a driver so we can customize an itinerary for your with minimal walking.
This is a 100% private tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are). Tastings are not included.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
Licensed Tour Guide
Tastings not included
Licensed Tour Guide
Tastings not included
CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Notifying us at least one week in advance. Click to learn more >>
ADDITIONAL COSTS (per person):
EXPRESS TOUR: €21/person, charged upon booking. No other food costs expected.
STANDARD TOUR: No tastings are included nor compulsory in the standard tour. You choose where you want to spend your money (or not). Tastings can go from just a couple of euro for a croissant to €4-5 for hot chocolate and churros.
* Food costs are given as an orientation only.