Girona and Costa Brava Tour from Barcelona
GIRONA AND COSTA BRAVA DAY TRIP FROM BARCELONA
A day of history and seaside
Are you fascinated by the Middle Ages? Or maybe want to learn about the local Jewish Heritage? Does lunch by the beach sounds like a great plan? Combining a visit of Girona with lunch in the Costa Brava gives you the perfect mix of all this!
But did you know that for some weird reason many tour operators in Spain sell “Girona & Costa Brava full day tours”… that don’t take you to the coast at all? They take you to the Dali Museum in Figueres, which is inland. I’ve never understood why they call that Costa Brava day excursions, if they don’t take you there at all…
Well, that won’t happen with ForeverBarcelona: we call things by their real name, and our Girona and Costa Brava tour, REALLY takes you to the Costa Brava (although we can take you to the Dali Museum if you prefer, too: check the FAQ below).
The city of Girona (Spain) is a beautiful town by a river with a maze of medieval alleys and backstreets that lead to a magnificent Gothic Cathedral and an old Jewish Section next to it. Located in the inland, it’s about 1 hour drive from the rocky cliffs of the Costa Brava. This full day tour will take you to one of the most scenic seaside villages there: Tossa de Mar, with the imposing towers of its walls rising over the beach.
There is no easy public transportation combination that would allow to do that on your own, as there is no train taking you to Costa Brava. Either drive your own car… or let us handle all the logistics and take you there in a private tour!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS GIRONA AND COSTA BRAVA DAY TOUR:
MEDIEVAL GIRONA + MEDITERRANEAN TOSSA DE MAR + LOCAL LUNCH
WHY THIS IS THE BEST GIRONA COSTA BRAVA TOUR FROM BARCELONA
✓ Go out of town for a day and forget about the city rhythm.
✓ Feel like in Italy, but without the crowds.
✓ Explore Girona with your guide, focusing on your favorite topics: Jewish heritage, medieval history, Game of Thrones, scenic points….
✓ Walk around beautiful Girona alleys off the beaten path most tourists will never find on their own.
✓ Explore Tossa de Mar, a scenic bay with a medieval town on top of a hill overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
✓ Have lunch at a local restaurant overlooking the beach bay.
✓ And much more, in a private Girona and Costa Brava tour just for you and your party!
- THIS PRIVATE FULL DAY TOUR RUNS: Every day.
SOME SITES CLOSED:
Monday: the Museum of History of the Jewish of Girona is closed.
Sunday: the interior of the Cathedral of Girona is not available for visits as there is mass going on (you can visit the Cloister and the Treasure Museum, though.
UNIQUE: In May, Girona celebrates the “Time of Flowers” festival. A great time to visit it and see the usual sites covered in flower decorations.
- TOUR LENGHT: 8 hours.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME: 9AM (8AM is also possible March thru October)
- WHERE DO WE MEET? WHERE DO WE END? Anywhere you want, within the Barcelona city limits. Hotel pick-up included within Barcelona city.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? Yes.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? Rides in y Mercedes car or minivan for upto 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver. Walking around Girona and Tossa de Mar.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? If you book the non-guided option, you’ll have an English-speaking driver for the rides, able to provide light conversation but not detailed explanations of the sites. You’ll also walk around Girona and Tossa de Mar on your own. You’ll be responsible of being back to the car at the time designated by us, or you might incur in extra hours.
- CAN WE DO THE DALI MUSEUM TOO? Yes, we can skip Girona and take you to the Dali Museum instead, but the rides will be longer, what means you’ll have less time available at the sites. Or we can skip the Costa Brava and do only Girona and the Dali Museum. Doing the three sites in the same day tour would require a 10 to 12 hour full day – contact us if you are interested! Or consider doing the Dali Museum tour on a different day.
TRAVELERS LIKE YOU THAT TOOK OUR COSTA BRAVA AND GIRONA TOUR SAY:
“We used ForeverBarcelona two years ago and again in our most recent trip. Maria was a fabulous and flexible guide who customized each tour (Sagrada Familia w/ Montserrat day tour and Costa Brava w/ Dali Museum and Tossa de Mar) to meet our needs. You can’t go wrong. Worth the extra expense.”
YOUR GIRONA AND COSTA BRAVA FULL DAY TOUR FROM BARCELONA TAILORED TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This full day tour works great for people interested in Jewish Heritage and/or the Middle Ages that want to spend a nice day out of town away from the tourist crowds and see the seaside. It works best in the warmer months (Easter through end of September).
If you are traveling October through March, please note that the Costa Brava is windy and damp, and since it’s low season in the beach areas, it’s empty of people… and most restaurants and shops are closed.
If you are traveling with kids, this tour is child-friendly as we can focus the tour on the exploration of the sites, instead of the academic part of it. Plus most of the visited areas are pedestrian, so the kids will be able to run freely without worrying about traffic.
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, please note that the visit of Girona involves sections of stairs and uphill cobblestone streets. It’s best to ask your guide to take you on the little tourist train instead of walking you around. As for Tossa de Mar, the seafront and the low part of the village are easy to walk, but you might not want to do the hill where the walls and the oldest cobble-stoned streets are.
This is a 100% private tour from barcelona, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
PAY €75, CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Within 2 years from your original tour date, notifying us at least 30 days in advance. Click to learn more >>
ADDITIONAL FEES PER PERSON:
IN GIRONA (Optional, paid on site):
- Medieval Baths: €2/person
- Cathedral: €7/person
- Museum of the Jewish: €4/person
LUNCH (not included)
Expect to pay €30-40/person, depending on your order. Learn more about lunch on tour.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.