Private Barcelona To Girona Day Trip
GIRONA HALF DAY TOUR FROM BARCELONA
Like Italy but without the crowds
Are you interested in Jewish Heritage? Or are you passionate about history, specially the Middle Ages? Or would you maybe want to sped a day outside of Barcelona, visiting some picturesque area away from the tourist crowds? Are you maybe a fan of Game of Thrones?
The city of Girona is specially known for its medieval section and a remarkable Jewish Quarter (the “Call”), plus its history is full of interesting facts, and its architecture hides fascinating details and lots of photo opportunities that never fail. That might be why it was chosen to be Braavos for the 6th season of Game of Thrones!
But unless you are used to taking trains abroad and navigate alleys and backstreets just for the pleasure of getting lost… visiting in Girona on your own can be tricky. Or at least, you are likely to miss a lot!
Instead, with this private Girona day tour from Barcelona you’ll get to visit everything easily with your tour guide, who knows her way and the local history, and will be happy to adapt to your interests and preferences. You’ll also have a dedicated driver to take you there and back to Barcelona, for maximum travel comfort.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR BARCELONA TO GIRONA TOUR:
ONYAR RIVERSIDE (Best photo ops) | MEDIEVAL BATHS (Inside or outside)
CATHEDRAL (Inside or outside) | JEWISH SECTION (Historical walk)
WHY THIS IS THE BEST BARCELONA TO GIRONA DAY TRIP
✓ Go out of town for a day and forget about the city rhythm.
✓ Feel like in Italy, but without the crowds.
✓ Explore Girona with your guide, focusing on your favorite topics: Jewish heritage, medieval history, Game of Thrones, scenic points, the best city sites….
✓ Walk around beautiful Girona alleys off the beaten path most tourists will never find on their own.
✓ More time in Girona than our other Girona day trips that combine it with other destinations.
✓ Optionally extend your half day trip to stay for lunch in Girona, Spain.
✓ And much more, in the best private Girona one day trip just for you and your party!
GIRONA DAY TRIP FAQ
- THIS PRIVATE GIRONA HALF DAY TOUR RUNS: Every day.
SOME SITES CLOSED:
Monday: the Museum of History of the Jewish of Girona is closed.
Sunday: the interior of the Cathedral of Girona is not available for visits as there is mass going on (you can visit the Cloister and the Treasure Museum, though.
UNIQUE: In May, Girona celebrates the “Time of Flowers” festival. A great time to visit it and see the usual sites covered in flower decorations.
- DAY TRIP LENGHT: 6 hours (possibility of adding extra hours upon booking).
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME:
MORNING DAY TOURS: 9AM (6-hour tours can also alternatively start up to 1 hour earlier if you prefer).
AFTERNOON HALF DAY TOURS: Anytime between 2 and 5PM. Supplements apply if you prefer to start later and stay in Girona for dinner. Ask us!
- WHERE DO WE MEET? WHERE DO WE END? Anywhere you want, within the Barcelona city limits: hotel pick-up included.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? No, but we could stop for a quick sandwich if you like. Or you might want to extend your half day tour to a one day trip (8 hours) so there’s time for a seat-down lunch, either in Girona city or in a farmhouse traditional restaurant in the surroundings.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? Rides in y Mercedes car or minivan for up to 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver. Walking in Girona.
- HOW DOES THE MEET IN GIRONA OPTION WORK? This option does not include transportation to Girona and back. You’ll be meeting your guide directly in the Old Town of Girona for a 2-hr walk.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? If you book the non-guided day trip, you’ll have an English-speaking driver for the rides, able to provide light conversation but not detailed explanations of the sites. Once in Girona (Spain), you’ll walk around on your own. The driver stays in the car. You’ll be responsible of being back to the car at the time designated by us, or you might incur in extra hours.
- CAN WE TAKE THE TRAIN? I’m afraid we don’t organize train tours to Girona, but you can take the train on your own and meet your guide directly in Girona for a 2-hour walking tour. That gives you the freedom to decide how long you want to stay in Girona after the tour is over and continue exploring it on your own. Email us to book a tour of Girona and meet your guide there.
TRAVELERS LIKE YOU THAT TOOK OUR GIRONA DAY TOUR SAY:
“Miriam took me to Girona, the delightful medieval city about an hour away. Having attended university there, she knew both the history and the fun experiences of having been a student, living initially in a convent with the nuns! You can’t go wrong choosing this private tour company.”
TAILOR YOUR BARCELONA TO GIRONA TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Our day trip to Girona from Barcelona works great for people able to walk, very interested in history (specially medieval and Jewish), or that just want to spend a lovely day out of town away from the tourist crowds.
If you are traveling with kids, this tour is child-friendly if we focus more on the exploration and the local legends than in the historical part.
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, please note that the visit of Girona involves sections of stairs and uphill cobblestone streets. We recommend to ask your guide to take you on the little tourist train instead of walking you around.
If you are already in Girona, the “Meet in Girona” option is perfect for you.
If you prefer to explore Girona on your own, but need transportation from Barcelona and back, the non-guided option is the way to go.
If you’d like to have lunch during the tour but a staying in the city or going to a farmhouse restaurant doesn’t sound appealing enough, we can take you to the seaside instead! Check out our Costa Brava and Girona tour from Barcelona.
If you are very interested in the local Jewish history, check out our Jewish Tour of Barcelona, too.
This is a 100% private tour from Barcelona, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
MEET IN GIRONA2-HR TOUR
2-hr itinerary - no rides
Licensed Tour Guide
100% walking tour
On your own at the sites
Car or van with driver
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
ADDITIONAL FEES PER PERSON (optional, paid on site):
- Medieval Baths: €2/person
- Cathedral: €7/person
- Museum of the Jewish: €4/person
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.