Tarragona and Sitges Day Trip from Barcelona
PRIVATE TARRAGONA AND SITGES TOUR
A Day of History and Seaside
Do you love history and ruins, but don’t want to be too overwhelmed with facts? Does a lunch by the beach sounds appealing? Do you want to go away from the tourist crowds for a day?
Tarragona is famous for its Roman ruins, declared World Heritage by the UNESCO, and even in the Summer it never feels crowded as it’s mostly a local tourist destination. Plus the weather there is usually nice also in the Winter, because it’s South.
You can leisurely explore it in a couple of hours, and then we’ll take you to Sitges, a lovely seaside village that will slightly remind you of Monaco or Cannes, for a great lunch by the sea and a walk around.
Leave all the trouble of planning, driving and getting oriented in our hands, and with your private tour guide learn more than you’d ever had on your own.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR TARRAGONA AND SITGES DAY TRIP:
ROMAN AQUEDUCT (Photo stop) | TARRAGONA ROMAN RUINS (Inside or outside)
SITGES (Lovely stroll) | SEASIDE LUNCH (Yum!)
WHY THIS IS THE BEST TARRAGONA AND SITGES DAY TRIP
✓ Travel 2000 years back in time.
✓ Feel like in Italy, but without the crowds.
✓ Visit remarkable UNESCO World Heritage sites… that are just a tiny portion of what the city of Tarraco once was.
✓ Learn about the time when Tarragona was the capital of the Roman Empire… instead of Rome!
✓ Walk around alleys where time seems to have stopped.
✓ See where locals love to go for lovely beach day away from Barcelona.
✓ Hear about what made Sitges crucial for the development of the Modernist movement in Barcelona (without that, maybe Gaudi would have never been able to do what he did!)
✓ Enjoy a memorable lunch by the Mediterranean.
✓ And much more, in the best private tour just for you and your party!
DAY TOUR FAQ
- THIS PRIVATE TARRAGONA & SITGES DAY TOUR RUNS: Every day.
SOME SITES CLOSED:
Monday: the Roman sites are closed but most of them (except the Archaeology Museum) can be seen pretty well from outside.
- DAY TOUR LENGHT: 8 hours (possibility of adding extra hours upon booking).
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME: 9AM (This starting time is not flexible.).
- WHERE DO WE MEET? WHERE DO WE END? Anywhere you want, within the Barcelona city limits: hotel pick-up included.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? Yes, at a lovely seaside restaurant in Sitges.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? Rides in y Mercedes car or minivan for up to 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver. Walking in Tarragona and Sitges.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? If you book the non-guided day trip, you’ll have an English-speaking driver for the rides, able to provide light conversation but not detailed explanations of the sites. Once in Tarragona and Sitges (Spain), you’ll walk around on your own. The driver stays in the car. You’ll be responsible of being back to the car at the time designated by us, or you might incur in extra hours.
TRAVELERS LIKE YOU THAT TOOK OUR DAY TOUR FROM BARCELONA SAY:
“Fabulous experience but quite strenuous. Great deal of walking with inclines in Tarragona. History of city was very unique. Tour leader Begoña extremely knowledgeable with a great personality. Lunch in Sitges, a charming fishing village was delicious.”
“Our last tour with Marga was a full day to Tarragona and Sitges. Tarragona was absolutely stunning – we saw the Roman Circus and Amphitheater. We finished the day in Sitges with a WONDERFUL lunch. White table cloths, beachside patio, beautiful wines, seafood and tuna tartare. We sampled Esqueixada with her as well, traditional Catalan cod salad with olives, tomatoes… beautiful.”
TAILOR YOUR TARRAGONA AND SITGES DAY TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This tour is great for people interest in history, specially in the Roman times, but also wanting to spend a relaxing day out of town. It also works great for people wanting a lovely day out of town taking pictures and being outdoors (specially in the winter). It’s also a great choice to go off the beaten path: even if Tarragona is a UNESCO Site there aren’t usually crowds.
If you are traveling with kids, this is a great option because besides being educational they’ll have the opportunity to explore, walk on top of an Aqueduct, climb stairs in the Pretorium, enter tunnels in the Circus, and of course, touch old stones (which is always cool). Plus eating by the sea is always cool, and you might want to ask the guide to let them spend some time at the beach rather than walking around the village. Or go for gelato!
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, take into account that there’s irregular and cobble-stoned pavement in some areas of Tarragona and part of the visit is uphill. Same for the old quarters of Sitges, although the seaside promenade is OK.
This is a 100% private day trip from Barcelona, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
On your own at the sites
Car or van with driver
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Notifying us at least one week in advance. Click to learn more >>
ADDITIONAL FEES PER PERSON (all optional, paid on site):
- Roman Walls: €3.30/person
- Pretorium Tower & Circus: €3.30/person
- Amphitheater: €3.30/person
- Cathedral: €8,5/person
- Archaeological Museum: Temporarily closed
LUNCH (not included)
Expect to pay €30-40/person, depending on your order. Learn more about lunch on tour.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.