Terms & Conditions
Official tourguide for the number of hours booked.
Professional driver with car insurance (if you have booked chauffeured services).
Luxury vehicle (if you’ve booked chauffeured services): Mercedes car, luxury minivan or luxury bus. All of them air-conditioned and roomy.
Travel advice: recommendations to help you plan the rest of your stay in Barcelona.
Cruise pier pick-up/drop-off (chauffeured tours only).
VAT (Value Added Tax).
Paypal fees for the required deposit (or full Paypal fees for Gift Certificates)
- Entrance fees.
- Site reservations. Compulsory for groups of 9 or more.
- Taxi, subway and bus rides. If needed during a walking / taxi /subway tour. Travel arrangements to or from tours organized by Foreverbarcelona are not included either.
- Lunch. If applicable. Click here for more information.
- Drinks and food in Epicurean Tours. Click here for more information.
- Luggage handling. If you are traveling with luggage, standard fees don’t apply and a supplement will be charged. Check here to see the final fee.
- Airport or hotel airport pick-up/drop off. Standard fees don’t apply and a supplement will be charged. Check here to see the final fee.
- Paypal fees for any extra money you wish to send. Click here for more information.
- Personal expenses: souvenirs, personal beverages and snacks, other items…
- Medical expenses and insurance.
- Tips/Gratuities. In Spain, tips are not expected but appreciated and they are considered a sign that you enjoyed a service. Giving a tip or not at the end of the service remains your personal choice.
- Other incidental expenses, incurred as a result of your booking: visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, non-refundable flights/transportation tickets, loss of enjoyment, phone calls, etc.
- A deposit (or eventually full payment if agreed with the client) is required to confirm a booking. No date can be held until at least a deposit has been sent.
- The balance is paid cash on the day of the tour in EURO. American dollars, credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted.
- Any cancellation must be initiated by e-mail contacting us at email@example.com, and will be also acknowledged by Foreverbarcelona via e-mail. Cancellation notifications by phone will not be accepted.
- Deposits are only refundable if cancellation occurs more than 60 days before the tour date.
- Cancellations less than 60 days before the tour: 50€ will be kept as cancellation fee.
- Cancellations less than 30 days before the tour: The full deposit amount will be kept as cancellation fee.
- Cancellations less than 48h before the tour: If the tour is cancelled less than 48h before the tour starts, the client commits to pay the 100% fee of the booked services.
- The above stated refundable amounts don’t include: any non-recoverable upfront costs incurred by Foreverbarcelona on your behalf (either broken down in the tour descriptions or agreed with the client before booking), Fav Guide Upgrade (if booked), refund transfer costs.
- Weather conditions: Tours are carried rain or shine. Bad weather is not a valid reason to cancel a tour.
- Circumstances beyond our control: Foreverbarcelona is not liable for reduced/cancelled itineraries due to circumstances beyond our control such as flight delays, ships unable to dock for whatever reason or unscheduled closures of tourist sites. Therefore, adequate insurance is strongly advised.
- Special cases: Other major force cancellations might be discussed to reach an agreement. A verification of the reason why the tour was cancelled will be requested.
- Cancellation of part of the total booked services: When several services have been booked and the client needs to cancel only part of them, an amount equivalent to the deposit required for the cancelled services will be kept as cancellation fee. If the cancellation takes places less than 48h before the service date, the whole services will have to be paid.
- Foreverbarcelona reserves the right to change the guide assigned upon booking upto 7 days prior to the tour date, unless a Fav Guide Upgrade has been purchased. No deposit/payment refund will be given if a client decides to cancel a tour due to a guide change.
- Refunds will be sent via Paypal, unless otherwise agreed with the client. The client will take care of any costs/commissions required for the refund transfer.
Cancellations by Foreverbarcelona
- In the unlikely event that me or my tourguides had to cancel a tour, we’ll always first try to agree to another timeframe that works for the client.
- If we couldn’t agree on another time for the tour or I couldn’t provide a substitute, the deposit will be refunded within 10 working days.
- Date/time changes. If you needed to change the date/time of your tour, we are open to schedule changes, but I cannot guarantee it will always be possible as it depends on our availability for the new requested hours/date. A different tourguide might have to be used instead.
- Itinerary changes. Itinerary changes can be usually introduced without a problem (except when they mean extending the tour time: in that case it will depend on our availability). Note that itinerary changes in daytrips might imply a change in the final fee.
- Last minute schedule changes. No schedule changes (i.e. date, time…) are accepted less than 24h before the scheduled tour starting time.
- Driver changes:
>>> Adding a driver. If you booked a walking tour and decided to change to a chauffeured tour, this will only be possible depending on drivers availability.
>>> Canceling a driver. If you booked a chauffeured tour and later on you decided to cancel the driver, cancellation fees might apply. Each case will be studied independently.
>>> Changing vehicle size. If you booked a tour in a vehicle for a certain amount of passengers and later on the group size changed and needed a larger/smaller vehicle, the change of vehicle will depend on the driver’s availability. No vehicle change is accepted in less than 24h before the scheduled tour starting time.
- Foreverbarcelona reserves the right to change the tourguide assigned upon booking until upto 7 days before tour date, unless a Fav Guide Upgrade has been purchased.
- Foreverbarcelona commits not to change the tourguide assigned to the client having purchased the Fav Guide Upgrade (except for force majeure or causes beyond Foreverbarcelona’s control such as illness, death, acts of God or other occurrences)
- The Fav Guide Upgrade is only available for a client upon booking and during the following 5 days after their booking has been finalized. After that, Foreverbarcelona will consider the client is not interested in purchasing the Fav Guide Upgrade and will be free to reassign a different guide if needed.
- The Fav Guide Upgrade is not refundable, except in the case that Foreverbarcelona failed to provide the assigned guide due to force majeure reasons or other causes beyond our control. Only in that case, the Fav Guide Upgrade fee will be refunded within 10 working days.
- When a client is booking several tours, only ONE Fav Guide Upgrade is needed to secure the assigned guide/s.
- A Fav Guide Upgrade does not entitle a client to choose their tourguide: guides are assigned depending on their availability, and we also take into account the client’s preferences although they are not binding. A Fav Guide Upgrade can’t be used to “steal” a guide from another client nor force her/him to open up a date in her/his calendar.
-Gift certificates are valid for ONE single tour, unless otherwise agreed with the client and consequently paid for.
- Gift certificates are personal and nontransferable, only valid for the person/s specified by the buyer as “recipient” when buying the gift certificate. If a recipient change was needed, the buyer absolutely needs to contact us so we can study the case see if an exception could be made.
- Gift certificates are only valid during the year specified on the certificate. If the recipient wasn’t able to arrange any date for the required year, one year extension will be available for a fee (consult us).
- The recipient of the gift certificate is responsible of contacting Foreverbarcelona at least 2 weeks previously to the tour date they wish to book. We cannot guarantee our team will have availability for requests received less than 15 days in advance, although we’ll do our best to provide a tourguide. If we couldn’t find a tourguide, 50% of the gift certificate fee will be refunded to the buyer (not the recipient).
- The tour for Gift Certificate holders will be delivered by Marta Laurent, when available, or by an other member of the Foreverbarcelona team. We reserve the right to use other tourguides depending on our availability.
- The rest of the Terms & Conditions sections also apply to the tours for Gift Certificate holders, unless otherwise stated.
- Full refund will be given if the client and Foreverbarcelona couldn’t agree on a date/time that was convenient for both parties. The client needs to contact us suggesting posible meeting times, so we can study the case and suggest a time for the call.
- Consultancy sessions can’t be booked less than 24h beforehand.
- Foreverbarcelona reserves the right to change the date/time of the meeting within 48 hours after the booking has been completed. In such case, the client would be contacted to agree on a different date/time that fits both parties.
- The client is responsible for providing a valid Skype username/email to Foreverbarcelona.
- The price of the Consultancy Session entitles the customer to use upto 1 hour of Skype consultancy with Marta Laurent. If the call lasted less time because the client decided to end it earlier for whatever reason (i.e. not having more questions, etc.), no refund will be given.
- The Skype session will consist of audio and text (no video), unless otherwise agreed with the customer. We cannot guarantee the availability of quality video for these calls.
- Foreverbarcelona will provide a PDF with a summary of the questions discussed during the call, within 3 days after the call date.
- Client is responsible to inform on meeting point: Either if the client booked the tour before knowing the exact place where they’ll be staying, or if there was a hotel change, the client is responsible for informing Foreverbarcelona of the right meeting point.-
- Client is responsible to be on time: Foreverbarcelona is not liable for reduced itineraries due to late start or delays by the client.Tour time starts counting from the time agreed with the client to meet the guide. If the client is late, it’s time wasted from the tour. There are no refunds for wasted time when clients are late: tours must finished at the time that was planned upon booking.
- Client is responsible for their own safety and their party’s. That includes crossing roads/streets, going up/down stairs or steps, wearing seatbelt inside vehicles… Foreverbarcelona is not liable for any injury, damage, loss or accident incurred during the tour. Foreverbarcelona reserves the right to terminate any tour due to unreasonable behavior of the client.
- Luggage and personal effects are carried entirely at the owner’s risk. Foreverbarcelona is not liable for damage, loss or other irregularity incurred during our tours.
- Client is urged to acquire adequate insurance to cover any loss as a consequence of flight/cruiseship cancellations/delays, personal illness and other circumstances beyond Foreverbarcelona’s control that might cause the tour to be cancelled. Foreverbarcelona is not liable for any delay or irregularity of this nature, nor any expenses resulting from them.
- Itinerary: We’ll stick to the agreed itinerary as much as possible, but we reserve the right to change the itinerary and timings depending on weather conditions and unpredictable events caused by traffic, demonstrations, works in progress… Our itineraries are based on the typical tourist pace: not too rushed, but not too relaxed. Our guides handle the tour rhythm in a pleasant way, but it’s the client responsibility to follow the guides indications so we can cover everything that was planned. Foreverbarcelona will not be responsible if there wasn’t time to visit all the promised sites in the itinerary. No refunds for itinerary changes.
- Food: In lunch stops and epicurean tours, client is responsible for telling the tourguide about any food allergies or intolerances they might suffer so we can help choosing your food. The client takes full responsibility for the food that he or she decides to eat, and Foreverbarcelona will never be liable for any health issue resulting from the food/drinks eaten/drunk during a tour. No food or drink to be consumed inside vehicles except by permission of the driver.
- The payment of the deposit or use of the gift certificate constitutes consent of the tour to the terms and conditions explained herein. Our tours begin on your arranged pickup time and end at your drop-off.
- Foreverbarcelona reserves the right to cancel the services booked by any disruptive or disrespectful customer without notice. No refunds will be given in such a case.
- Foreverbarcelona cannot be held responsible for acts beyond its control, ie: acts of Nature, Acts of War, Planned or Unplanned attacks. We are not responsible for damages or losses including loss of income from persons or entities not controlled by Foreverbarcelona, such as Transportation Providers, Tourist Sites such as Buildings, Museums or other Tourist Attractions, Restaurants, Cafés, Bars, Shops or any other provider. In the event of any claims, disputes arising from our relationship or caused by the tours; all parties consent to having their grievances heard in the jurisdictions and venues of the courts in Barcelona, Spain.
- Tourguides other than Marta Laurent Veciana are freelance professionals and they are not employees of Foreverbarcelona. Foreverbarcelona acts only as an intermediary to provide you tours when Marta Laurent Veciana is not available. They are all professional and experienced licensed tourguides.
- Drivers hired by Foreverbarcelona are service providers and they do not belong to nor are operated by Foreverbarcelona or Marta Laurent Veciana.
- We do not store customer financial information such as credit or debit card details, and we will never share your contact data with third parties without your consent.
It is each individual participant’s responsibility to read and understand the terms and conditions of Foreverbarcelona prior to paying the deposit.
BY PAYING THE DEPOSIT, YOU:
Understand that Foreverbarcelona does not own or operate the driver services used for chauffeured or bus tours. As a result, Foreverbarcelona and Marta Laurent Veciana are not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of such third person, or of any other third party.
Understand that Foreverbarcelona does not employ other tourguides apart from Marta Laurent Veciana, and Foreverbarcelona acts only as an intermediary to provide you the tours when Marta Laurent Veciana is not available. As a result, Foreverbarcelona and Marta Laurent Veciana are not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of such third person, or of any other third party.
Accept that Foreverbarcelona reserves the right to reassign you a different tourguide until upto 7 days prior to your tour date, unless you have purchased a Fav Guide Upgrade.
Acknowledge that you have voluntarily applied to participate in the tour designated on this application, and do so with the knowledge of the risks and dangers involved, including but not limited to:
- Negligence in the conduct or arrangement of this trip in any respect from inception to completion;
- Physical exertion for which you are not prepared;
- Forces of nature;
- Transportation failures whether by car, bus, subway, by foot, or by any other conveyance;
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- Risks associated with food or impure water;
- Civil unrest; terrorism;
- Criminal activity;
- Accident or illness without access to means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies or services;
- The adequacy of medical attention once provided;
- Damaged, stolen, lost, or misplaced luggage or property.
AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN WELFARE AND PROPERTIES AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF DELAY, UNANTICIPATED EVENTS, INCONVENIENCE, ILLNESS, INJURY, EMOTIONAL TRAUMA OR DEATH.
RELEASE AND DISCHARGE FOREVER FOREVERBARCELONA AND MARTA LAURENT VECIANA FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOUR. You agree that this release shall be legally binding upon you personally, all members of you family or group, and all minors traveling with you, you and their heirs, successors, assigns, and legal representatives, it being you attention to fully assume all the risks associated with this trip and release Foreverbarcelona and Marta Laurent Veciana from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent of the law.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions or our Cancellation Policy.