GOURMET BARCELONA TAPAS WALKING TOUR
YOUR PERSONAL BARCELONA TAPAS TOUR
Eat like a local - no cookie cutter stops!
Are you a serious foodie? Is food one of your top interests when traveling? Does eating for 4 hours sound like an awesome plan to you? Would you like to discover the Spanish and Catalan food culture through its tapas, but don’t want to be taken to cheese places were you are forced to eat what the guide has ordered beforehand?
If you are like me, food is one of my priorities when traveling. I do my research to learn what are the traditional dishes I must try and where to find them. But all this research takes lots of time and effort. And what about feeling lost reading the restaurant menus and not knowing what to order? (or not understanding it at all if it’s only available in the local lingo).
Tapas started as a bite to go with your drink, but they have evolved into a whole way of eating, a culture of food in itself. More than a type of food in special, it’s about finger food or small portions to share with your friends and family. And since a variety of tapas is ordered at each stop, it’s the perfect way to taste many different specialties and enjoy the wealth of the local cooking.
A tapas tour is a great way to get in touch with the local foods, but most tours aren’t private: you are put together with other people and have to adapt to whatever the group (or the guide) decides to order, and that might match your preferences… or not. That totally limits the fun!
Our tapas tours are different: We love food, and we know the top tapas bars in the city – and that’s where we want to take you. We know what’s best at each place, what you absolutely need to taste, and what to order depending on your taste. Our guide makes suggestions but only orders what you say you want to try: a completely custom tour (most other tapas tours in town pre-order a set of dishes, the same every time – that’s not our way of doing things). Come with us on this lunchtime or evening tapas tour, for the best local food experience.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS TOUR
100% Private Tour
Half Day Tour
100% Walking Tour
Day or Night
OUR PRIVATE TAPAS TOUR OF BARCELONA IS DIFFERENT:
4 TO 6 BARS
(Every time a different choice)
(Selected from your favorites)
(Or as safe as you need)
EVENING TOURS: 7PM (earlier most bars are still closed)
AVAILABLE: Monday through Saturday.
Monday: some tapas bars are closed.
August: many bars and shops are closed for holidays. The tour can still be run, but the food options won’t be as exciting…
NOT AVAILABLE: Sunday and local bank holidays
INCLUSIONS, EXCLUSIONS & PRICING
TAILOR THIS TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This tour is designed for adults interested in local food and, able to walk about 2 miles (3km), divided in 4 to 6 stops.
Be prepared to finish the tour late at night: starting earlier isn’t a good option as most tapas bars aren’t open yet and your options wouldn’t be as exciting.
If a late night tour isn’t an option for you, consider a lunchtime tour from noon to 4PM, or our Sagrada Familia & Tapas tour, that finishes earlier.
If you have walking issues, we recommend to add a driver (the itinerary will have to be customized in order to make sense).
If you are on a wheelchair, most bars are accessible but some other might have one or two steps at the entrance or not have an adapted toilet. No driver will be needed.
If you are in town more than one day, you might want to consider a day trip to the wine country.
- Vegetarian (ovo-lacto) are welcome. It's not difficult to improvise some veggie tapas in Barcelona, but it's best you let us know in advance.
- Vegan are harder to cater. We definitely need to know in advance to plan accordingly.
- Gluten-free can be accommodated if you can handle crossed-contamination and traces.
- Celiac is VERY hard to accommodate as in most restaurants they aren't trained to keep your food safe. We might have to limit the tapas stops to one single bar in the area we know to be safe.
- Kosher food is hard to find in Barcelona: I'm afraid we can't provide a tapas tour that thoroughly respects kosher rules. We can, though, organize a no-pork no-seafood tapas tour if that's OK with you.
- Halal food is easier to find, but unfortunately it's mostly Middle-Eastern cuisine. I'm afraid we can't provide either a strictly halal tapas tour. We can, though, organize a no-pork no-seafood tapas tour if that's OK with you.
- Other food allergies and diets, please check with us before booking so we can assess your options and risks.