Sagrada Familia Tapas Tour
Affordable Alternative €175
2-hr tour of Sagrada Familia OR 2-hr Tapas Tour
- This tour starts at €275
4-hr walking & taxi tour
These fees are total for your party (not per person) and don't include per-person entrance fees to the visited sites nor food & drinks.
100% Private Tour
Skip the Lines
Half Day Tour
Day or Night
Walking & Taxi
Sagrada Familia Church
BEST GAUDI TAPAS AND WINE TOUR
Food and Architecture in one tour
Do you want to visit the Sagrada Familia church but also have some tapas? Do you like mixing up sightseeing with some great food? Fancy some tapas and some Gaudi sites?
There’s so much about the Sagrada Familia church, and so much that can be missed if you go on your own without anyone to explain. And same with tapas: ordering on your own is often tricky when you don’t know what you are going to like or not. And if you are as a control freak or a perfectionist as I am, how much time does it take to have everything perfectly planned and fail-proof? Really a lot!
We designed this tour for a client that wanted to surprise her friends once, and we had so much fun with it she suggested we should add it to our tour portfolio and call it “Saints & Sins”, because of the church and the gluttony sin. And while we have change the tour name to something easier to recognize since then, this is still a favorite! A skip-the-line private tour of the Sagrada Familia church, followed by a short tapas tour.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS TOUR
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PRIVATE TAPAS GAUDI TOUR
2 TO 3 TAPAS BARS
(Every time a different choice)
(Or as safe as you need)
DESSERT OR COCKTAIL BAR
Possibility of adding extra hours upon booking.
March thru October: 5:30 PM
November thru February: 4:30 PM (as Sagrada Familia closes at 6PM in the winter).
Monday and Sunday: most bars chose one or the other for their day off.
August: many bars are closed for holidays: the tour can still be run, but the bar variety won’t be as exciting…
- The dress code at the Sagrada Familia Church isn’t usually too strict, but they have occasionally banned access to people wearing short shorts (closer to their butts than to their knees), deep plunging necklines or open backs.
Our tours only include the towers upon request. You need to know that:
It is not possible anymore to just climb the stairs: the way up is now only possible by elevator. However, the number of tickets available is restricted to just a few every hour, for an extra fee.
If there is availability, you are given a specific time to get in the line for the elevator (either the one in the Passion façade or the one in the Nativity façade, but not both), and after a 5 to 20 minute wait you finally get in the elevator that takes you to almost the top of the towers. From there you must walk down: it is not permitted to use the elevator to go down anymore. The whole process takes almost one hour, so unless you are OK shortening the rest of the tour itinerary, you should book one extra hour to be able to do the towers.
Do we recommend the towers, though? Only for the adventure of climbing spiral stairs, but not for the views as you’ll get better views from many other city sites. After all, those towers were designed to be bell towers, not vantage points. Also, the way down is narrow and occasionally claustrophobic, and it is definitely not for people scared of heights.
Tour operators like us are only allowed to book tickets for the Passion Façade towers – should you be interested in the Nativity Façade towers you’ll have to go back to Sagrada Familia on your own some other day as those tickets are only available for individual visitors.
THE TOWERS ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE FOR WHEELCHAIRS, AND NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WITH HEART OR LUNG CONDITIONS, CLAUSTROPHOBIA OR FEAR OF HEIGHTS. CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS OF AGE ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE TOWERS.
INCLUSIONS, EXCLUSIONS & PRICING
TAILOR THIS TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This tour works great for someone looking for a fun afternoon that mixes up some sightseeing with some great food.
HINT: Add one or two extra hours to see more sites or eat in more bars.
If you are traveling with kids, this tour is kid friendly. Yes, we can find tapas that even picky eaters will enjoy. And if ending at 9.30PM sounds too late, you can also book this tour as a lunchtime tour.
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, the Sagrada Familia church is accessible EXCEPT FOR THE TOWERS (which are anyway optional), and most tapas bars are (although they might be narrow and maybe have one step at the entrance: we’ll do our best to serve you). The walk between bars varies from next door to a bit more than 5 minutes.
If you are expecting to find bars full of atmosphere, this probably isn’t the right choice for you because you’ll get there early and locals won’t have arrived yet. We recommend you go for a full Tapas Tour (and maybe add extra hours for Sagrada Familia if it’s still open, or visit it in some other tour), because it ends much later.
- Vegetarian (ovo-lacto) are welcome. It's not difficult to improvise some veggie tapas in Barcelona, but it's best you let us know in advance.
- Vegan are harder to cater. We definitely need to know in advance to plan accordingly.
- Gluten-free can be accommodated if you can handle crossed-contamination and traces.
- Celiac is VERY hard to accommodate as in most restaurants they aren't trained to keep your food safe. We might have to limit the tapas stops to one single bar in the area we know to be safe.
- Kosher food is hard to find in Barcelona: I'm afraid we can't provide a tapas tour that thoroughly respects kosher rules. We can, though, organize a no-pork no-seafood tapas tour if that's OK with you.
- Halal food is easier to find, but unfortunately it's mostly Middle-Eastern cuisine. I'm afraid we can't provide either a strictly halal tapas tour. We can, though, organize a no-pork no-seafood tapas tour if that's OK with you.
- Other food allergies and diets, please check with us before booking so we can assess your options and risks.
REVIEWS FROM TRAVELERS LIKE YOU:
OFTEN BOOKED TOGETHER:
ALTERNATIVES TO THIS TOUR:
SAGRADA FAMILIA IS CLOSED DUE TO COVID
THIS TOUR WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN WHEN IT REOPENS