THE BEST GOURMET FOOD TOUR IN BARCELONA
WALKING BARCELONA FOODIE TOUR
Explore the Barcelona food scene
Are you into food? Do you love visiting food markets when you travel? And trying local foods? Is finding unique food products one of your favorite things to do?
If you are a serious foodie like me, I always try to add foodie stops to my trips: markets, stores, cafés, eateries… But doing all this research involves a lot of time and planning, and it doesn’t always work out well as one thing is what the blogs and reviews say and the other is reality. Visiting those places with a local that knows her way around is always more fun (and efficient!) than going on your own.
But I’ve been to those food tours where your guide picks the treats and tastings and you never get to choose. Sometimes you don’t like their choices, and often you aren’t able to try that other item you were so curious about. How disappointing!
That’s why our tours are different – we want to be the best food tours in Barcelona. We’ll take you to our favorite stalls in the Boqueria market, but also be happy to detour from our plan to show you something else you spotted on the way. We’ll listen to your preferences and pick what top gourmet stores in the Old Town you’ll enjoy the most visiting, and we’ll take you eating tapas and recommend what to order depending on your taste and interests. A custom food tour just for you!
100% Private Tour
Half Day Tour
100% Walking Tour
Not for walking issues
Sweets & Chocolate
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS TOUR
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS BARCELONA MARKET TOUR WITH TAPAS
(Eat Like a Local)
MORNING TOURS: Anytime between 9.30AM and 11AM
AFTERNOON TOURS: Not available
Monday: some tapas bars are closed.
August: many bars and shops are closed for holidays. The tour can still be run, but the food options won’t be as exciting…
NOT AVAILABLE: Sunday and local bank holidays
AT THE SHOPS
The shop owners and assistants are usually very proud of their business and are happy to welcome people into their shops even if you aren’t going to buy anything, so don’t be shy and enjoy the experience of enjoying the best chocolate in Barcelona! (And no: we don’t get commissions for taking you there, either)
INCLUSIONS, EXCLUSIONS & PRICING
TAILOR THIS TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This tour is designed for adults interested in local food and, able to walk about 3 miles (5km), divided in several stops with 2 to 10 minutes walk between each other, and not always an opportunity to seat until lunch.
HINT: Add one or two extra hours for more food stops or some sightseeing.
If you have walking issues, we recommend to add a driver (the itinerary will have to be customized in order to make sense).
If you are on a wheelchair, most stores and bars are accessible but some other might have one or two steps at the entrance or not have an adapted toilet. No driver will be needed.
If you are traveling with kids, this tour is child-friendly specially if you plan to treat the kids at some point (there’ll be cake, chocolate and gelato opportunities). There are also tapas that even picky eaters will love.
If you are on a cruise, are a foodie, and you have already been to Barcelona before, this tour is a great way to see the city from a yummy point of view. Just note that pier pick-up and drop-off is not available for walking tours (and it’d be a waste to book a driver just for two rides): we’ll ask you to take a taxi from the pier to meet your tour guide in front of the market.
If you are staying more than one day in town, consider taking a day trip to the wine country.
- Vegetarian (ovo-lacto) are welcome. It's not difficult to improvise some veggie tapas in Barcelona, but it's best you let us know in advance.
- Vegan are harder to cater. We definitely need to know in advance to plan accordingly.
- Gluten-free can be accommodated if you can handle crossed-contamination and traces.
- Celiac is VERY hard to accommodate as in most restaurants they aren't trained to keep your food safe. We might have to limit the tapas stops to one single bar in the area we know to be safe.
- Kosher food is hard to find in Barcelona: I'm afraid we can't provide a tapas tour that thoroughly respects kosher rules. We can, though, organize a no-pork no-seafood tapas tour if that's OK with you.
- Halal food is easier to find, but unfortunately it's mostly Middle-Eastern cuisine. I'm afraid we can't provide either a strictly halal tapas tour. We can, though, organize a no-pork no-seafood tapas tour if that's OK with you.
- Other food allergies and diets, please check with us before booking so we can assess your options and risks.