Sitges Wine Tour from Barcelona
PRIVATE PENEDES SITGES TOUR
The perfect combination
Do you love wine and enjoy visiting cellars? Does lunch by the Mediterranean sound like a perfect plan? Do you have an extra day in Barcelona to go out of town?
Wineries and seaside are one of our favorite combinations. But it’s a day trip that would be so difficult to organize on your own: there’s no train connecting the wine country and Sitges! So unless you want to rent a car and drive (and do all the research to choose what winery to visit and what are their opening hours), a private tour is your best option.
We have designed this Sitges Wine Tour to spare you all the trouble so you can leave all the logistics in our hands and focus on enjoying yourself. We’ll take you to some great winery in the Penedès Country, and then continue to Sitges for a nice lunch and a stroll around the village.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PRIVATE SITGES WINERY TOUR:
WINE CELLAR & TASTING + SITGES + SEASIDE LUNCH
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SITGES WINE TOUR TOUR
✓ Beautiful scenery
✓ Enjoy a tasting of Catalan “cava”, the local sparkling
✓ Words such as “xarel·lo”, “macabeu” and “parellada” will stop being a mystery for you
✓ Learn why Sitges was key to the development of the Barcelona Modernism
✓ Feel like in Monaco… barely 1 hour drive from Barcelona
✓ Have a memorable lunch beside the Mediterranean sea
✓ And much more, in a private tour just for you and your party!
- THIS SITGES WINE TOUR RUNS: Every day.
Weekends: The cellars only offer tours in Catalan or Spanish, as that’s when the local public can go. Your guide will be translating for you in a low voice, in order not to disturb the rest of the visitors. Groups might also be larger than during the week, too, for the same reason.
- TOUR LENGHT: 8 hours.
- STARTING TIME: 10AM. This starting time is not flexible.
- WHERE DO WE MEET? WHERE DO WE END? Anywhere you want, within the city limits.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? Yes.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? Rides in Mercedes car or minivan for upto 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver. Walking in Sitges.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? In the non-guided option you are on your own. Your English-speaking driver might provide light conversation during the rides from Barcelona to Penedes and back, but no detailed explanations of the area. At the wineries you’ll be shown around by the winery staff. They are well trained, but their English level is usually not as fluid as our guide’s. You’ll ultimately be responsible for getting back to the car at the agreed time, or you’ll risk being charged extra hours if you are late.
- HOW SHOULD WE DRESS? Inside the cellars there’s a constant temperature of around 59ºF (15ºC). A light jacket is recommended in the Summer.
- DISCLAIMER: We might be sharing the visit of the winery with other people, as it ultimately depends on the cellar. Sometimes private tour supplement is available – ASK US.
TAILOR THIS SITGES WINE TOUR TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Our Sitges Wine Tours are perfect for those who enjoy seaside villages as much as a glass of wine. They are a specially good choice in the Autumn and Winter, as Sitges has a microclimate with over 300 days of sunshine, and the temperature in the cellars is constantly fresh but not chilly (precisely for that, it’s also great to escape the Summer hit for a while). August through December are the busiest, and therefore, more exciting times at the winery: from the harvest and initial wine making, to the preparation for the big Christmas sales.
If you are traveling with kids, some wineries can offer them water or grape juice during the tasting. But unless your whole family is into wine and your kids have already an interest in it, the Montserrat and Sitges tour works best for families.
If you have walking issues or use a wheelchair, take there are stairs to get to the cellars in most wineries: let us know in advance so we can take you to a winery with no stairs. As for Sitges, the promenade by the marina is easy to walk, but the Old Town involves uphill streets and some stairs.
If you’d rather have a shorter day, consider visiting only the Wine Country.
This is a 100% private Sitges Wine Tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Notifying us at least one week in advance. Click to learn more >>
PER PERSON FEES (additional, per person)
PAID AT THE CELLARS:
€30 to €45/person, depending on the cellar and tasting.
Visit with brunch from €65/person.
LUNCH (not included)
Expect to pay €20-30/person, depending on your order. Learn more about lunch on tour.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.