Fancy Dinning: Best Michelin Restaurants In Barcelona!
BARCELONA MICHELIN STAR RESTAURANTS FOR A PERFECT DINNER
Is there anything better than indulging in the most luxurious food? Barcelona Michelin star restaurants are expensive, but dining in one of them his always a memorable experience. I have tried a few of the top Michelin star restaurants in Spain, and I have always been surprised, delighted and impressed by they service, the quality of the products and their creativity.
If you are a foodie, I strongly recommend to book at least one of your meals in one of them, so you always remember your trip to Spain! Today I’m sharing with you not just the most highly rated restaurants in the Michelin Guide Spain, but what most connoisseurs would consider to be the top of the top restaurants in Barcelona.
Here are the best Michelin star restaurants in Barcelona 2021:
This was the first of all the Michelin restaurants in Barcelona to get a 2nd Michelin star, then a 3rd.
The Monument Hotel is home to the third of the 2 Michelin Star restaurants in Barcelona is managed by the world renowned Basque chef Martin Berasategui, owner of 3 stars for his main restaurant in Guipuzkoa.
They are famous for treating with exquisite respect the products of the earth and the sea, and the delicacy with which they serve them. BTW, if you couldn’t book there, they also own the Oria restaurant in the same building – a 1 Star Michelin restaurant.
Cocina Hermanos Torres **
Two twins that learned to cook helping their grandma Catalina at home, run a trendy restaurant in the off the beaten path district of Les Corts, after their success at Dos Cielos at the top of the Melia Sky Hotel.
And these are the 2 Michelin star restaurants | Barcelona 2021:
Another 2 for the one she opened in Tokyo and 2 more for Moments in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel of Barcelona).
A personal favorite, Disfrutar is one of the few Michelin restaurants in Barcelona that doesn’t partner with a hotel. 3 chefs that learned in the iconic El Bulli of Ferran Adria opened their Barcelona restaurant after their success in the quaint seaside village of Cadaques.
Their creativity leads them to challenge traditional cooking to surprise their guests with flashbacks to their childhood meals and unexpected textures and flavors behind familiar presentations. You can read my experience in Disfrutar that I shared some time ago in this blog.
And as it’s name evokes, you will also be able to enjoy a wine list of over 500 wines. BTW, in the same hotel you can have some amazing tapas at Arola, run by chef Sergi Arola who has also been awarded 2 Michelin stars for his restaurant in Madrid.
The restaurant of Hotel Cram is run by Jordi Cruz (who also runs the 3-star Michelin restaurant Abac), this restaurant delights in using the freshest local produce to offer tasting menus at really nice prices for what you get. And that makes it a favorite for business meetings as well as well-off family celebrations.
Chef Jordi Artal runs this superb restaurant, getting inspiration from traditional Catalan cuisine and the products of each season. They have two menus: their 11-dish tasting menu and a more reduced one of “only” 8 courses.
They have a privé room for groups over 10 people, and if you are lucky enough to be 6 to 8 you can ask to get the chef table, a private room with views over the kitchen.
What about the 1 Michelin Star restaurants?
1 star michelin restaurants
In 2023 there’s 16 1 Michelin Star Restaurants in Barcelona.
- French cuisine: Caelis, Via Veneto
- Oriental or oriental fusion: Dos Palillos, Koy Shunka
- Modern cuisine / creative: Alkimia, Oria, Atempo, Hofmann, Aürt, Mont Bar, Slow & Low, Aleia, Enigma.
- Mediterranean: Xerta, Hisop
- Mexican: COME by Paco Méndez.
Any good Michelin star restaurants near Barcelona?
Girona Michelin restaurants
The province of Girona is a culinary haven, with one three-star Michelin restaurant and three 2 Michelin star restaurants:
- *** El Celler de Can Roca. Girona city suburbs. Considered by many one of the best restaurants in the world and run by the stellar Roca brothers.
- ** Bo.TIC. Corça (Empordà county, just over 30 minutes drive from Girona). Creative cuisine that stems off traditional Catalan cooking.
- ** Les Cols. Olot (Garrotxa county, around 1 hour drive from Girona). Winner of a Michelin Green Star for its sustainability, it’s the restaurant of a spectacular contemporary boutique hotel in the countryside.
- ** Miramar. Llançà (seaside village close to the French border and about 1 hour drive from Girona). Run by Paco Pérez, the chef of 2-star Michelin restaurant Enoteca in Barcelona.
The Girona province also has 9 one-star restaurants: Massana (Girona city), L’Aliança (Anglès), Les Magnòlies (Arbúcies), Emporium (Castelló d’Empúries), La Fonda Xesc (Gombrèn), Ca l’Enric (Vall de Bianya), Els Tinars (Llagostera), Castell Peralada (Peralada) and La Cuina de Can Simon (Tossa de Mar).
Other Catalan Michelin star restaurants
The rest of Catalonia only has 1-star Michelin restaurants, distributed as follows:
- Province of Barcelona. Can Jubany (Calldetenes), Tresmacarrons (El Masnou), Sala (Olost), Els Casals (Sagàs), Lluerna (Santa Coloma de Gramenet).
- Province of Lleida. La Boscana (Bellvís), Malena (Gimenells), L’Ó (Sant Fruitós de Bages), Lluerna (Santa Coloma de Gramenet) and Fogony (Sort).
- Province of Tarragona. Rincón de Diego (Cambrils) Can Bosch (Cambrils), Quatre Molins (Cornudella de Montsant), Deliranto (Salou), Les Moles (Ulldecona), L’Antic Molí (Ulldecona), Villa Retiro (Xerta).
What are your favorite Michelin restaurants in Barcelona?
Marta is the founder of ForeverBarcelona. She is a passionate tour guide that loves Barcelona and loves writing too. She is the main author of our Blog, and is committed to sharing her knowledge about Barcelona and her best tips with our readers.
RESEARCHING RESTAURANTS IS TIME-CONSUMING...
Need some inspiration?
Our 100% FREE Barcelona Collection will give you everything you need to organize the trip of your lifetime to Barcelona.
BEST INSIDER TIPS FROM THE PROS!