Montjuic Walking Tour
YOUR PRIVATE MONTJUIC TOUR
Around the green lung of Barcelona: gardens, sports and culture
Have you already visited the Gaudi sites and the Old Town and want to see something else? Do you have a spare morning to explore other areas of the city? Are you looking for a lighter tour, enjoying the city views, walking around nature with maybe a touch of art or sport? Then this tour is for you!
When people have already seen the top city sites, they often run out of ideas for what else to do. And when I suggest to explore the Montjuic Hill, the simple mention of a “hill” sounds like too broad to navigate by yourself. And it’s actually not as tricky if you know where to find the paths that connect the sites there. And our guides do!
Get ready to explore the Hill that marks the Southern limits of Barcelona, and learn about how it has been involved in several crucial moments of our history, in this leisurely tour that also offers plenty of opportunities to relax and take great pictures.
The last part of the tour is customizable and you can choose between visiting the Miró Foundation if you are an art lover, taking the cablecar to the Montjuic castle or enjoy an authentic tapas meal.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS MONTJUIC WALKING TOUR:
- PLAÇA ESPANYA
- 1929 WORLD FAIR
- 1992 OLYMPICS
- CITY VIEWS
AND OPTIONALLY (choose one):
- CABLE CAR & CASTLE
- MIRO FOUNDATION
- TAPAS LUNCH
- MAGIC FOUNTAIN (afternoon tours only)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS MONTJUIC TOUR
✓ Skip the lines everywhere. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
✓ Spend time outdoors away from the city noise.
✓ Hear how two international events reclaimed the hill for the city.
✓ Loads of great picture opportunities.
✓ Breathtaking city views.
✓ Adapt the itinerary to your interests and needs.
✓ Hook it up with the Magic Fountain Show (when available).
✓ And much more, in a private Montjuic walking tour just for you and your party!
COVID UPDATE: MIRO FOUNDATION IS ONLY OPEN FRI-SUN.
- THIS MONTJUIC TOUR RUNS: Every day.
SOME SITES CLOSED:
Monday: The Miró Museum is closed.
Magic Fountain Show: Click here to see if the show is on on your tour date.
- TOUR LENGHT: 4 hours (3 hours for the abridged tour).
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME:
– MORNING TOURS:
9AM: If you just want to see the Miss Van Der Rohe pavilion from outside and don’t care for the tapas lunch.
10AM to 11AM: To go inside the Mies van der Rohe pavilion, or if you wish to have tapas at the end of the tour.
– AFTERNOON TOURS:
March thru October: Anytime between 1PM and 3PM
November thru February: Anytime between 1PM and 2PM (4PM or 5PM in order to pair it with the Magic Fountain Show, when available)
- WHERE DO WE MEET? Your location within the Barcelona city limits or in Plaça Espanya.
- WHERE DO WE END? At the last visited site, depending on your itinerary choices.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? Only optionally if you choose the tapas lunch option.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? If you book the 4-hr chauffeured option, you’ll have a Mercedes car or minivan with dedicated driver at your disposal. If you booked a 3-hr walking and taxi tour, this itinerary requires two taxi rides (around €10/ride, not included).
- IS THIS A SKIP-THE-LINE TOUR? Yes! Our guides are licensed and entitled to skip the lines and give explanations inside all sites. Enjoy fast-track access everywhere.
- HOW DOES THE ABRIDGED VERSION WORK? The abridged tour version is a walking tour of around 3 hours, without the customized part of the full 4-hr tour. The drivers charge for a minimum of 4-hr service, which is why we don’t offer it as a chauffeured tour (but you can opt to pay for the 4 entire hours and go only for 3).
- CAN WE SEE THE MAGIC FOUNTAIN ON THIS MONTJUIC TOUR? Yes. If the Montjuïc Tour is scheduled for the late afternoon, it can be hooked up with the Magic Fountain show. There’s different possibilities: End the tour there, so you can watch it right after, end at some nearby restaurant, so you can go on your own after dinner, skip one site so there’s time to see it with your guide, or extend the tour and have the guide stay with you during the show. The Montjuic Fountain show takes place Friday and Saturday in the evening all year around except maintenance works and special events, plus some Wednesdays and Thursdays during high season. Check their schedule here.
TRAVELERS WHO TOOK OUR MONTJUIC WALKING TOUR SAY:
“We did two ForeverBarcelona tours during our trip. Our first full day in Barcelona we did the private all day tour with Miriam. We also did the Montjuic Tour at night with Maria Jesus. She was great and knowledgeable too (beyond patient with my 9 years old food choices). My three kids enjoyed both tours too! Highly recommend.”
TAILOR YOUR MONTJUIC TOUR TO YOUR NEEDS
This tour is perfect for people who have already visited the best Barcelona sites but want to continue touring. It works great for active people who don’t mind to walk and with a variety of interests. It’s also pretty child-friendly.
If you have walking issues or are traveling with young children and are worried about their stamina levels, you might want to add a driver.
This is a 100% private Montjuic Walking Tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
Licensed Tour Guide
Taxi rides not included
Licensed Tour Guide
Taxi rides not included
Licensed Tour Guide
Driver + Mercedes car or van
PAY €75, CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Within 2 years from your original tour date, notifying us at least 30 days in advance. Click to learn more >>
OPTINAL ADDITIONAL PER PERSON FEES:
- Miró Foundation (€13/person)
- Cablecar (€8.90/person – ONE WAY)
- Mies van der Rohe pavilion (€7/person)
TAPAS LUNCH: Tapas lunch is optional for the second part of the tour, and the meal is not included. Expect to pay €20-30/person, depending on your order. Learn more about lunch on tour here. Alternatively, you can book one extra hour if you want extra time for sightseeing AND to stop for lunch.
* Site ticket costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.