Private Salvador Dali Museum Tour From Barcelona
EXCLUSIVE DALI MUSEUM DAY TRIP TO FIGUERES
Dive into the World of Surrealism
Does Salvador Dali fascinate you and want to learn more about it? You’ve heard there’s very little information inside the museum (there are no audioguides, for instance) and fear going all the way there just not to get it? Want to skip the long lines that are usually formed in the high season? Or maybe don’t feel confident taking the train there?
The Dali Theater Museum is located about 1.5 hours drive from Barcelona in the artist’s hometown: Figueres (Spain). He totally transformed the ruins of the old local theater into a wonderful museum that is designed to surprise you every second. However, there’s lots of the artwork there that hide secrets hard to notice unless someone tells you, and other that just don’t seem to make sense… until someone reveals you how clever they are!
With our private tour, your guide will lead you into Salvador Dali’s always shocking and thought-provoking world. Your vision of his works will change for ever after this Barcelona Dali private tour!
SOME PIECES SEEN IN THIS DALI TOUR FROM BARCELONA:
PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY | PALACE OF THE WINDS | SPECTER OF SEX-APPEAL | PORTRAIT OF LINCOLN ATOMIC LEDA | BASKET OF BREAD | POETRY OF AMERICA | OPTICAL EFFECTS
WHY YOU'LL LOVE OUR SALVADOR DALI TOUR
✓ Skip lines at the Dali Museum. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
✓ Unlike with some other tour operators, our guide will go inside the Dali Museum with you and give you as many explanations as you need.
✓ Visit a unique museum that resembles a fun fair.
✓ Challenge your idea of who Salvador Dali was.
✓ Go inside Salvador Dali’s minds and understand his symbols as well as his varied influences going from the Renaissance masters to modern science.
✓ Learn about two people that left a strong imprint in Dali’s personality: his wife Gala and… his tortuous relationship with his father.
✓ Find out the surprising location where Salvador Dali is buried.
✓ See some of his masterpieces as well as artifacts created in purpose for this museum.
✓ And much more, in a private Dali tour just for you and your party!
- THIS SALVADOR DALI TOUR RUNS:
– June to September: Monday thru Sunday
– October to May: Tuesday to Sunday
NOT AVAILABLE: Monday (October thru May)
- TOUR LENGHT: 6 hours.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME:
– MORNING TOURS: 9AM (all year around) or 8AM (March thru October)
– AFTERNOON TOURS: 1PM (or 1PM to 3PM, July thru August)
- WHERE DO WE MEET? WHERE DO WE END? Anywhere you want, within the Barcelona city limits.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? This private guided tour does not involve a lunch stop, however, there’s usually some extra time after the tour for shopping, taking a coffee break or a quick bite before going back to the city.
– If you take a morning tour, you’ll be back to town on time for a late lunch on your own.
– If you take an afternoon tour, you’ll be back by dinner time.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? Rides in Mercedes car or minivan for upto 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver. Walking at the Dali Museum.
- IS THIS A SKIP-THE-LINE TOUR? Yes! Our guides are licensed and entitled to skip lines and give explanations inside the Salvador Dali Museum.
- HOW DOES THE NON-GUIDED OPTION WORK? If you book the non-guided option, you’ll have an English-speaking driver for the rides, able to provide light conversation but not detailed explanations. We’ll book timed tickets for the Dali Museum and you’ll visit on your own (there are no audioguides available). The driver will not come with you inside the museum. You’ll be responsible of being back to the car at the time designated by us, or you might incur in extra hours.
- CAN WE TAKE THE TRAIN INSTEAD? We don’t organize day trips to Figueres by train, but we offer you the option to meet your guide at the Dali Museum for a 2-hr tour. That gives you the freedom to organize your schedule and stay in Figueres after the tour is over, or even stay longer at the museum on your own. E-mail us if you are interested in a day trip to Girona and the Dali Museum by high speed train.
REVIEWS FROM TRAVELERS LIKE YOU:
TAILOR THIS DALI DAY TRIP TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
This tour is great for people interested in art, museum lovers and anyone curious to learn more about Salvador Dali.
If you are traveling with kids you need to know that the museum feels a bit like a fun-fair, so it’s relatively child friendly however there’s some sex-related content (that the guide can try to point to the adults only). Make sure to bring snacks for them, since this tour does not include a lunch stop and they might get hungry before getting back to Barcelona.
If you have walking issues, please take into account that the visit of the museum involves short flights of stairs: there are no elevators and it’s not adapted to wheelchairs.
If someone in your party isn’t too fond of Dali, be sure that this day trip won’t leave them indifferent either. They might even get a new respect for the artist, after all.
If you’d rather spend a whole day out of town, check out our other Dali Tours.
This is a 100% private museum tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
THIS TOUR IS6-HR TOUR
Museum Tour + Rides
Licensed Tour Guide
Car or van with driver
Rides + Skip-the-lines museum ticket
On your own at the Dali Museum
Car or van with driver
Museum Tour (no rides)
Licensed Tour Guide
Meet guide at the Museum
CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Notifying us at least one week in advance. Click to learn more >>
ADDITIONAL FEES PER PERSON:
PAID UPON BOOKING: Dali Museum: €17.25/person
If you book the “museum-only” option: Transportation to the Dali Museum in Figueres and back is not included. There are fast-speed trains and regional trains departing Barcelona and arriving to different stations in Figueres, from where you can walk or take taxis to the museum.
* Costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.