Colonia Guell and/or Palau Guell Tour
ANTONI GAUDI AND COUNT EUSEBIO GUELL RELATIONSHIP
Explored through two of Gaudi’s hidden gems
Are you fascinated about Gaudi and want to dig in more into his life and works? Would you like to know who exerted strong influences on him and supported him when the rest of the society turned away? Would you like to visit the other unfinished church by Gaudi? And the only aristocratic mansion that is open to the public in Barcelona?
The famous masterpieces of Antoni Gaudi can’t be fully understood unless you know about Count Eusebi Güell and his close relationship with Gaudi, and the hidden jewels the architect designed for him. Palau Guell is easily accessible since it’s located at the bottom of la Rambla, while for the Colonia Guell Crypt you need to take a suburban train to get there, or drive.
We believe the best way to visit them is both in one single tour, but we understand your time in Barcelona is limited and we love to stay flexible. This is why we offer you the opportunity of choosing between a Palau Güell Tour, a Colonia Guell Tour, or a tour that includes both. If you are eager to learn more about Gaudi and Güell’s strong friendship, look no further.
HIGLIGHTS OF OUR COLONIA GUELL AND/OR PALAU GUELL TOUR:
- SKIP THE LINE ACCESS
- ENTRANCE HALL
- MAIN FLOOR
- REAR FAÇADE
- DORMITORIES FLOOR
- ROOFTOP AND ATTIC
- INTERPRETATION CENTER
- COLONIA GUELL CRYPT (Inside)
- WALK AROUND COLONIA GUELL (Time allowing)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS OUR GUELL CRYPT AND/OR GUELL PALACE TOUR
✓ Visit two hidden gems most tourists miss (OR just your favorite one), skipping lines.
✓ Learn about the Industrial Revolution and how Gaudi contributed to it.
✓ During the Palau Guell tour, hear why Ms. Guell hated the mansion Gaudi built for her family
✓ Loads of great picture opportunities.
✓ Breathtaking city views.
✓ In the Colonia Guell Tour, discover the other unfinished church designed by Antoni Gaudi.
✓ Be fascinated by the games of light Gaudi created in both buildings.
✓ And much more, in a private tour just for you and your party!
- THIS TOUR RUNS: Tuesday through Sunday.
NOT AVAILABLE: Monday
- TOUR LENGHT: 1.5 hours for the Guell Palace Tour, 3 hours for the Colonia Guell tour, 5 hours for the tour including both sites.
- RECOMMENDED STARTING TIME:
– MORNING TOURS:
Palau Guell Tour: Anytime between 10AM and noon.
Colonia Guell Tours and Tours of Both Sites: 9.30AM.
– AFTERNOON TOURS:
Palau Güell Tour: Anytime between 1PM and 4PM
Colonia Guell Tours and Tours including Both Sites: Anytime between 1PM and 2PM.
- WHERE DO WE MEET? In front of Palau Güell for the Palau Guell Tour. In Plaça Espanya for the Colonia Guell Tour and the tour including both sites. Your accommodation, if you added a driver to the tour of both sites.
- WHERE DO WE END? In Palau Guell for the Guell Palace tour and the tour including both sites (unless you added a driver, in which case we can drop you off anywhere you want within the Barcelona city limits). Plaça Espanya for the tour of Colonia Guell.
- IS THERE A LUNCH STOP? No.
- HOW DO WE MOVE AROUND? We’ll take a suburban train to get to Colonia Guell (Guell Colony Tour and tour including both sites), then walk around the area. There’s the possibility of upgrading the tour of both sites to a chauffeured tour and have a private Mercedes minivan with dedicated driver for the rides.
- IS THIS A SKIP-THE-LINE TOUR? Yes! Our guides are licensed and entitled to skip the lines and give explanations inside all sites. Enjoy fast-track access everywhere.
TRAVELERS WHO TOOK OUR TOUR SAY:
“Palau Guell was breathtaking – amazing to do with Javier where he could give us so much insight into the architectural innovations that Gaudi did and also into the lives of the Guell family.”
TAILOR YOUR COLONIA GUELL OR PALAU GUELL TOUR TO YOUR NEEDS
These tours are perfect for adults interested in learning more about Gaudi, beyond his best masterpieces, and going deeper into the character of the Count Eusebi Güell.
If you are traveling with kids, we recommend to choose between one site or the other. The tour of both sites is only recommendable for well traveled kids eager to learn about Gaudi. In general kids enjoy more our tour of the Gaudi masterpieces.
If you have walking issues, we recommend to book the chauffeured option for the tour of both sites. Also, please note there are short flights of steps to get to the rooftop of both Palau Güell and the Crypt. In Palau Güell there is an elevator to access the other floors, but it slows down the visit considerably as we’ll need for a hostess to bring the key every time.
If you’d like to know more about Gaudi’s first projects such as Casa Vicenç, Torre Bellesguard or the Guell Pavilions, check out our Tour of the Early Gaudi works.
If you’d rather spend a whole day out of town, the Crypt is also visited in our tour of the Cripta Guell with the Montserrat Monastery or in combination with the Artigas Gardens, at the foot of the Pyrenees, another hidden gem by Gaudi. In such case, you’ll have to do Palau Guell some other day (we include it in our Full Day Gaudi Tour).
This is a 100% private tour, exclusive for you and your party. There is a base rate total per tour (no matter how many people you are), plus a per person rate to cover the entrance fees.
BASE RATE (paid once per tour):
PALAU GUELL TOUR1.5-HR TOUR
Palau Guell Only
Licensed Tour Guide
100% Walking Tour
GUELL CRYPT TOUR3-HR TOUR
Colonia Guell Only
Licensed Tour Guide
Suburban Train + Walking
BOTH SITES TOUR5-HR TOUR
Licensed Tour Guide
Suburban Train + Walking + Subway
CHANGE YOUR TOUR DATE UNLIMITED TIMES *
*Notifying us at least one week in advance. Click to learn more >>
ADDITIONAL PER PERSON FEES:
- Palau Güell €15/person
- Cripta Güell €12,5/person
- Train to Cripta Guell: €2.40/person (ONE WAY)
- Subway tickets: 2.40/person (ONE WAY) (TOUR OF BOTH SITES ONLY)
OPTIONAL DRIVER UPGRADE (Tour of both sites only): €510
* Site ticket costs are given as an orientation only, as they can change without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.
More questions? Inclusions — Exclusions — FAQ — Contact — Cancellation Policy