GUELL CRYPT & PALAU GUELL TOUR
The masterpieces for Gaudi's patron
Are you fascinated about Gaudi and want to dig in more into his life and works? Would you like to know who exerted strong influences on him and supported him when the rest of the society turned away? Would you like to visit the other unfinished church by Gaudi? And the only aristocratic mansion that is open to the public in Barcelona?
The famous masterpieces of Antoni Gaudi can’t be fully understood unless you know about Count Eusebi Güell and his close relationship with Gaudi, and the hidden jewels the architect designed for him. One of them is easily accessible since it’s located at the bottom of la Rambla, while for the other you need to take a suburban train to get there, or drive.
If takling trains or roads by yourself doesn’t sound like something you’d do, but you are still eager to learn more about Gaudi and Güell’s strong friendship, look no further.
Final itinerary and timings might vary due to many factors (your location and pace, your main interests, traffic, train schedule…)
- Tour length: 5 hours.
- Entrance fees are not included.
- TRAIN OPTION: Train tickets (including the guide’s) and subway rides are not included. Missing the train on the way back to Barcelona will mean a shortened tour of Palau Güell. Please note that due to the train schedules the actual time in the Colònia Güell might not be as long as for chauffeured tours.
- CHAUFFEURED OPTION: Transportation provided in private Mercedes Viano minivan (upto 6 of you) or Mercedes E Class car (couples), depending vehicle availability, with a dedicated driver. Groups of 7 or more will need larger vehicles at an extra cost.
THIS TOUR IS:
|AVAILABLE||Tuesday through Sunday|
Recommended starting times:
|Morning Tours:||9:30 AM|
|Afternoon Tours:||1 to 2PM (except weekends and local holidays)|
IS THIS TOUR RIGHT FOR YOU?
This tour is perfect for adults interested in learning more about Gaudi, beyond his top masterpieces, and going deeper into the character of the Count Eusebi Güell.
If you are traveling with kids, we only recommend this tour for well traveled kids eager to learn about Gaudi might also enjoy it, but if they don’t have a special interest in Gaudi it’s better to stick to Gaudi’s masterpieces only.
If your budget is limited and are happy to take public transportation, the train option works really nice. The chauffeured option offers a more comfortable tour and some little extra time at each site, as public transportation is a bit slower.
If you have walking issues, we recommend to book the chauffeured option. Also, please note there are short flights of steps to get to the rooftop of both Palau Güell and the Crypt. In Palau Güell there is an elevator to access the other floors, but it slows down the visit considerably as we’ll need for a hostess to bring the key every time.
If you’d like to know more about Gaudi’s first projects such as Casa Vicenç, Torre Bellesguard or the Guell Pavilions, check out our Tour of the Early Gaudi works.
If you’d rather spend a whole day out of town, the Crypt is also visited in our tour of the Cripta Guell with the Montserrat Monastery or in combination with the Artigas Gardens, at the foot of the Pyrenees, another hidden gem by Gaudi. In such case, you’ll have to do Palau Guell some other day (we include it in our Full Day Gaudi Tour).
PALAU & CRIPTA TOUR
DURATION: 5 hours
Mercedes car or minivan upto 6 of you + guide & dedicated driver
PAID ON SITE skipping lines:
- Palau Güell €12/person
- Cripta Güell €9/person
* Fees given as an orientation only. Sites might decide to change them without notice. Discounts might apply for students and/or seniors.
TRAIN & SUBWAY
TRAIN TOUR ONLY
- Train tickets: €3/person (ONE WAY)
- Subway tickets: 2.15/person (ONE WAY)
Client is asked to purchase transportation tickets for the guide as well.
No lunch stop previewed for this tour.
We can only secure a guide for you after full payment has been received. Don’t wait until last-minute: we often book out in high season, and Park Guell & Sagrada Familia tickets sell out, too.
- We take Visa and Mastercard.
- Our website incorporates SSL connection to guarantee your safety.
- You’ll receive an automated email confirming your booking after completing your payment.