Daytrip to the Dalí Museum & Girona
A favorite daytrip: art and history in a perfect mix
That’s one of my favorite daytrips out of town! A great combination of art and architecture!
Our tours are private tours for your party only. No strangers joining your tours.
Get to skip the lines in all museums and sites. Don’t even buy tickets in advance.
The Dali Museum is located in Figueres, Dalí’s hometown. It is a great place that looks more like a fun-fair than a museum! Dalí himself designed it, and made of it what’s said to be the largest “surrealist work” in the world. We’ll enjoy some of his masterpieces such as the famous Basket of Bread, but also other less famous yet outstanding paintings: I assure you that your opinion on Dalí will totally change after this visit, as we discover the genius behind the fool!
The Old Town of Girona has lots of treasures to discover, and we’ll tailor the walk to your interests and favorites. Some might want to enter the Medieval Baths, stroll around the gardens around the city walls, visit the Cathedral ( famous for its gorgeous 1000yo Tapestry of Creation, explore the Call (medieval Jewish Section) and visit the Museum of History of the Jewish (:!: closed on Monday), or just walk around the medieval alleys and squares.
DID YOU KNOW… That with our official tourguide license we get to skip the lines in the Dalí Museum?
AND DID YOU KNOW… That in May Girona celebrates the “Time of Flowers” festival? A great time to visit it!
Here is a suggested schedule for your 8 hour daytrip:
- 8.30am. Your tourguide and your driver join you at the hotel/apartment/cruise pier.
- 2h drive to Figueres, Dalí’s hometown, where his museum is located. On the way, we’ll be discussing Dalí’s life, so you have a complete background on him once we get to the museum.
- 10.30am. Arrival to the Dalí Theater Museum. Inside visit.
- 45 min drive to Girona.
- 12.45pm. Arrival to Girona and visit.
- 1:30pm. Lunch in Girona.
- 3pm. After lunch, we’ll drive back to Barcelona (1h30min)
- 4.30pm. Arrival back to Barcelona.
Fullday from... 950 €BOOK NOW!
- Entrance fees and lunch not included. Fee for your party of upto 6 people.
On Sunday the only parts of the Cathedral that can be visited are the museum and the cloister only, but not the inside.
Accessibility: Flights of steps in the Dalí Museum and the Old Town of Girona. Cobble-stoned and uphill streets in Girona.